• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 07, 2011, 07:47:36 AM
I'm really getting let down by the obvious budget cuts and firing of Frank Darabont. One zombie, lots of talking, very little action.

I'm going to be patient .

:-\
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 07, 2011, 07:47:36 AM
I'm really getting let down by the obvious budget cuts and firing of Frank Darabont. One zombie, lots of talking, very little action.

Too much foreplay, not enough sex.  Well, except for Glen and Maggie.

TinkTanker

I'll keep watching but my interest has peaked. I'm all for great characters and I love drama and I love character development and I admire pacing and foreshadowing but give me a frakking break. Last year we had all that AND zombies, lots and lots of zombies and lots of action. Hell, they should rename this show The Talking Dead because that's all they frakking do. "Ahm doin' this fur ma boy."

[spoiler]ONE ZOMBIE. ONE. And the whole gorram plot point was as stupid as it gets. They have five frakking wells. Would you drink water out of that well if a zombie had spent days or weeks in it, ever again? WHEN THERE ARE FOUR OTHER WELLS?!!?!!? But no, let's lower Short Round down the well in a confined space and manage to completely frak that up too. [/spoiler]

I hope Frank Darabont is laughing his ass off over this.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 07, 2011, 08:42:47 AM
[spoiler]ONE ZOMBIE. ONE. And the whole gorram plot point was as stupid as it gets. They have five frakking wells. Would you drink water out of that well if a zombie had spent days or weeks in it, ever again? WHEN THERE ARE FOUR OTHER WELLS?!!?!!? But no, let's lower Short Round down the well in a confined space and manage to completely frak that up too. [/spoiler]

:haha:

Spooky

[spoiler]I had no problem with them trying to get the floater out of the well. All the wells on the property would most likely be part of the same under ground water source and having one contaminated would probably lead to the others getting contaminated too, but they will probably skip right over that. [/spoiler]
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on November 07, 2011, 08:56:25 AM

[spoiler]I had no problem with them trying to get the floater out of the well. All the wells on the property would most likely be part of the same under ground water source and having one contaminated would probably lead to the others getting contaminated too, but they will probably skip right over that. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Then they are all boned if the wells are connected. Great jorb guys. Way to plan this clusterfoxtrot out.

[/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Talking Dead episodes are up.

Steven Yeun (Glen), Loren Cohen (Maggie), comedian Matt Besser and author Matt Mogk:

Talking Dead Part 1
Talking Dead Part 2
Internet-only bonus (posted earlier):

AdmiralDigby

I'll keep watching but my interest has peaked. I'm all for great characters and I love drama and I love character development and I admire pacing and foreshadowing but give me a frakking break. Last year we had all that AND zombies, lots and lots of zombies and lots of action. Hell, they should rename this show The Talking Dead because that's all they frakking do. "Ahm doin' this fur ma boy."

I hope Frank Darabont is laughing his ass off over this.

I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it , but will point out that The Sopranos would go several episodes between wackings .
( I know , this ain't no Sopranos ..... )

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

[spoiler]I didn't like the sneak preview . Darryl's my favourite character . Maybe Sophia will rescue him ?  :P[/spoiler]
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric