• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

*please excuse typos and spelling errors...in major pain, hands not working well, and on a new med that actually makes my typing appear as 'slurred speech'...how crazy is that? hehe.*

Eric

For what it's worth, they won an Emmy for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/awards/

What if the little zombie girl was a fresh kill? 

AdmiralDigby

I find many complaints about WD to be rather fanboyish .

Then again I guess genre shows have that as a burden .

Maybe it's because I want WD to succeed that I can overlook what to some people are obvious flaws .

I especially like how how basement survivalists will go to great lengths to explain how they'd survive the Zombie Apocalypse while probably being incapable of going a weekend without power ....

;)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 13, 2011, 06:29:15 AM
I find many complaints about WD to be rather fanboyish .

Suspension of belief begins with accepting the dead are reanimating and have some basic instinct. I mean, History Channel can go around saying the zombie apocalypse could actually happen, but they're talking about diseases that make people act crazy, such as rabies. Unlike WD, they're not considering the dead friggin' rising up and attacking.  When we accept that, pretty much anything goes for how they act or decay.  It might even be argued it's caused them to be able to pinpoint the direction loud noises with high accuracy (whereas mere mortals have to deal with direction and echos).

I think it's a friggin' undead apocalypse, and people wouldn't always act rationally.  Sure, there may be military weapons lying around, but there's friggin' zombies coming my way!  Okay, they may be a few now, but how many are just around the corner?!  Plus, all this has happened in a very short timeline -- a week or two?  It's not like we'd all suddenly become zombie experts.

That's not to say it's a perfect show, as I think we've discussed before.  They may be done with if they have a lot more episodes like the last one w/the well-zombie. I think the series gets enough right to continue watching.

OTOH, maybe that episode wasn't all bad ...
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNJ9qi7-qCY[/spoiler]

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 13, 2011, 06:29:15 AM
I especially like how how basement survivalists will go to great lengths to explain how they'd survive the Zombie Apocalypse while probably being incapable of going a weekend without power ....

:spitdrink:

AdmiralDigby

Plus, all this has happened in a very short timeline -- a week or two?  It's not like we'd all suddenly become zombie experts.

Agreed .

Fans seem to forget these people are what ?
Six weeks into the end of the world ?

I read yesterday on TV Without Pity where on wag claimed "They established last season that getting zombie blood on you is dangerous and have now forgotten that point."

Established ?
How ?
Rick and company thought taking precautions would be prudent but they have not "established" anything .

In fact I think it's normal for anyone to get used to crap after getting over the "grody" factor .
Look at your plumber .
You think he relished getting up to his elbows in other peoples gao se when he/she first started ?
I guarantee that after a fashion it just becomes another "dirty job" .

Same goes for the "Zombie bloodhound" angle .
They hunt by sight and sound .
The smell is obviously something that's very short range .

I did agree with one poster who asked where was the water truck .
'cause I'd have taken that sucker in a heartbeat .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

Season 2, Episode 5: Chupacabra

One of the better episodes, IMO. 

[spoiler=from this episode]We find out what's in the barn.  Also, zombie Daryl is brilliant.[/spoiler]

TinkTanker

Ann wants to get caught up on Grimm.  :wall: :veryangry: :wall:
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

geogal

They very nearly lost me as a viewer tonight.

[spoiler]Daryl remains awesome.  Loved how they brought Merle back in, and how he gave voice to all of the doubts Daryl has to be having about his place in the group.  As annoying as Carol is, she and Daryl are gold together.[/spoiler]

Eric

Fitzpatrick is on the ball this AM:  The Walking Dead 2.05 "Chupacabra" Comic-to-TV Comparison

ETA:  Page 10 has a spoiler for something that goes down in the future.  The comics readers already know about it, but I didn't! :D

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 13, 2011, 07:20:12 PM
Ann wants to get caught up on Grimm.  :wall: :veryangry: :wall:

We're still watching .
Then again - we are Canadian .

:D
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze