• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Several complaints on that TV vs Comics page, mostly about Sophia.  Weird -- I thought it was a decent episode with some good walker kills, some questions answered and that other part I mentioned in the spoiler earlier. 
The comment by Mishyana was good, though:

QuoteClearly it would be a much more enjoyable show if every single mystery were solved every single week, everything wrapped up in a neat little bow; it'd be like watching Scooby Doo, but with more zombies.

8)

Also:  It looks like Aisha Tyler and Michael Rooker were the guests on Talking Dead, but the videos aren't up yet.

AdmiralDigby

Clearly it would be a much more enjoyable show if every single mystery were solved every single week, everything wrapped up in a neat little bow; it'd be like watching Scooby Doo, but with more zombies.

I read that too .
It's the same complaint people would make when Tony Soprano and company would go a couple of eps without wacking someone .

I think people get frustrated by the each ep = 1 day pace and I can understand that 'cause that means Carl will be in bed ( and Sophia will be missing ) for half the season at a minimum . Hopefully they can tighten up that bit of pacing .

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

AdmiralDigby

Michone ?

Kinda too pretty ....

( that said - I likes me some Aisha ...  :D )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 14, 2011, 05:03:09 AM

Michone ?

Kinda too pretty ....

( that said - I likes me some Aisha ...  :D )

I'd give her the most awkward ten or fifteen seconds of her life.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 14, 2011, 05:01:29 AM
I think people get frustrated by the each ep = 1 day pace and I can understand that 'cause that means Carl will be in bed ( and Sophia will be missing ) for half the season at a minimum . Hopefully they can tighten up that bit of pacing .

I shared their frustration, but it had dissolved for me by last night's episode.  Perhaps it's just resolving myself to her not being found for a while?
One would hope that the survivors would have realized how precious life is and it's worth hunting for any humans from their group just because there are so few now. Also that without children all hope really is lost for the future.  I don't know if in reality those would be as feral of instincts as I'd like, but it would be a reason to keep going on with the search.  Although, I think I'd prefer a buddy system in searching -- if not groups of three or more.  No more "Daryl walks alone into an scary abandoned (?) farmhouse."

AdmiralDigby

I'd give her the most awkward ten or fifteen seconds of her life.

I suspect there's a line ....

( I just remembered - didn't Ross from friends have a few eps where they were dating and he was still pining for Nipples McHaircut ? Idiot )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on November 14, 2011, 05:22:50 AM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 14, 2011, 05:01:29 AM

I shared their frustration, but it had dissolved for me by last night's episode.  Perhaps it's just resolving myself to her not being found for a while?
One would hope that the survivors would have realized how precious life is and it's worth hunting for any humans from their group just because there are so few now. Also that without children all hope really is lost for the future.  I don't know if in reality those would be as feral of instincts as I'd like, but it would be a reason to keep going on with the search.  Although, I think I'd prefer a buddy system in searching -- if not groups of three or more.  No more "Daryl walks alone into an scary abandoned (?) farmhouse."

Pairs would be the obvious norm , however when we first met the awesome that is Darryl , he had just returned from a solo-squirrel hunt - that's just how he rolls .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

The internet-only after show, with Michael "Merle" Rooker and Aisha "Sugart*ts" Tyler:

AdmiralDigby

Aisha's so freaking cool .
( Rooker too , but that's Captain Obvious territory )

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

Do you think a 40 year-old could play Michonne?  The comics make the character look half that age.
Or does that matter since Kirkman is playing all "George Lucas" with the show?