• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 05, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
Fun panel stuff .

Started the fifth book last night ( yeah, I broke down and bought the hardcover .  Sue me . Stupid book-size  non-uniformity )

I can fit all 5 books in the palm of my hand. Them a a few hundred others. Only $79 for the basic Kindle.  ;)
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 05, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
Fun panel stuff .

Started the fifth book last night ( yeah, I broke down and bought the hardcover .  Sue me . Stupid book-size  non-uniformity )

You were about a week away from getting the hardback anyways.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

I can fit all 5 books in the palm of my hand. Them a a few hundred others. Only $79 for the basic Kindle.  ;)

How does one say this among friends ?

Chuck off .

Yeah , sounds about right .

;)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: Spooky on October 05, 2011, 07:47:50 PM

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 05, 2011, 08:11:46 PM

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 05, 2011, 08:17:22 PM
How does one say this among friends ?

Chuck off .

Yeah , sounds about right .

;)

:haha:

Eric

The wildling, Ygritte:
(sadly, I only am just a chapter or two past where they meet)

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on October 12, 2011, 04:49:49 AM
The wildling, Ygritte:
(sadly, I only am just a chapter or two past where they meet)

"You know nothing Eric Forhan"

;)

( she's kissed by fire - a proper spear-wife )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Spooky

Salman Rushdie attacks Game of Thrones as 'garbage' and 'trash'

Award-winning author Salman Rushdie is dabbling in television for the first time and, while doing research, found himself watching HBO's Emmy-winning drama Game of Thrones. And, suffice it to say, Rushdie wasn't impressed.

In fact, "impressed" would be an improvement on how he truly feels about the George R.R. Martin adaptation. As he said in an interview with Haaretz.com:

"There was a series called Game of Thrones which was very popular here in the United States, a post-Tolkien kind of thing. It was garbage, yet very addictive garbage—because there's lots of violence, all the women take their clothes off all the time, and it's kind of fun. In the end, it's well-produced trash, but there's room for that, too."

Rushdie has survived death threats and assassination attempts, so maybe he has little to actually fear from the Geek Nation. But we are not pleased. Oh no, we are not.

http://blastr.com/2011/10/salman-rushdie-attacks-ga.php

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 17, 2011, 01:51:54 PM
Salman Rushdie attacks Game of Thrones as 'luh-suh' and 'trash'

Award-winning author Salman Rushdie is dabbling in television for the first time and, while doing research, found himself watching HBO's Emmy-winning drama Game of Thrones. And, suffice it to say, Rushdie wasn't impressed.

In fact, "impressed" would be an improvement on how he truly feels about the George R.R. Martin adaptation. As he said in an interview with Haaretz.com:

"There was a series called Game of Thrones which was very popular here in the United States, a post-Tolkien kind of thing. It was luh-suh, yet very addictive luh-suh—because there's lots of violence, all the women take their clothes off all the time, and it's kind of fun. In the end, it's well-produced trash, but there's room for that, too."

Rushdie has survived death threats and assassination attempts, so maybe he has little to actually fear from the Geek Nation. But we are not pleased. Oh no, we are not.

http://blastr.com/2011/10/salman-rushdie-attacks-ga.php

That's some funny gao se right there .

;)
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric