• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

They said they'd be more zombies and action and less sitting around and talking about zombies and action in the second half. Man, I hope so. They are about to lose me. There is only so much watching Shane wash Sofia's mom's hands I can take.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 13, 2012, 08:12:25 AM
They said they'd be more zombies and action and less sitting around and talking about zombies and action in the second half. Man, I hope so. They are about to lose me. There is only so much watching Shane wash Sofia's mom's hands I can take.

Dave Navarro hit them pretty unexpectedly hard last night on The Talking Dead about this.  He won't be back as a guest. ;)

TinkTanker

Last night we had pretending-to-be-dead zombie and walking-out-in-the-middle-of-the-road zombie, one of which we'd seen already on previews and the other was over and done with so quickly if you blinked you missed it. [spoiler]I blinked.[/spoiler]

Maybe they were saving their dough for the last half of the season, maybe they listened to the viewers. This has gone from 'watching it while Ann is in the other room' to 'recording it and watching it after Ann goes to bed' to 'watching it the next morning'.

I'll go back and watch the second half of The Talking Dead, which has only marginally less zombies and action, but about half of the sitting around and talking (only because TTD is a 30 minute show).

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 13, 2012, 08:31:59 AM
Maybe they were saving their dough for the last half of the season ...

This is the last half of the season!

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on February 13, 2012, 08:40:24 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant. They scrimped and saved their budget by looking for frickin' Sofia for half a season so they could spend in the second half.

If that's the way they are doing things, great. I'll skip the first half of S3.

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 13, 2012, 08:52:51 AM
Quote from: Eric on February 13, 2012, 08:40:24 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant.

:doh:

It's okay, because the producer promised us last night in TLD that there'd be plenty of zombies later on.  Promised!

AdmiralDigby

I watched it twice and will watch again with Joy when she gets home from work .

I do admit to being a total fanbois and can totally fanwank "playing dead" walker ( she was "stunned" ) .

I also enjoyed "Not Rene" getting ventilated along with "Not Housebroken Tony" .

However - Lori's an idiot .
But I repeat myself .

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Blastr asks if the mid-season premiere fixed walking dead: http://blastr.com/2012/02/poll-did-the-walking-dead.php

Far too many poll choices, but the majority seems to be "yes".
That's even with my no vote. ;)

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric