• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 18, 2011, 11:29:08 AM
Meh , tired , scared and revealing his own prejudices .

Playing the victim card? Interesting idea, Ser Amirault.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Kurt Schlichter still doesn't like The Walking Dead.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/kschlichter/2011/10/19/is-the-walking-dead-terminal-yes-because-its-stupid/#idc-cover

I love this comment.

QuoteI've figured out a way to acknowledge the TSTL (too stupid to live) issues and still enjoy the show:

When the Zombie Apocalypse began, the military, law enforcement, and all rational strong warrior types (Tea Party, hunters, etc) went forward into battle to save humanity. We all eventually died or became the Zombies. Those that remain were the comatose, or the chickens hiding in mommy's basement. These survivors ARE the idiots who survived by accident not by strength and guile.

This story is exploring the question of whether the idiots have it in them to "get smart" before they all die.

Sure, it's a stretch, but I really want to like this show, and this is the only way I can.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 19, 2011, 10:13:40 AM
Kurt Schlichter still doesn't like The Walking Dead.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/kschlichter/2011/10/19/is-the-walking-dead-terminal-yes-because-its-stupid/#idc-cover

I love this comment.

QuoteI've figured out a way to acknowledge the TSTL (too stupid to live) issues and still enjoy the show:

When the Zombie Apocalypse began, the military, law enforcement, and all rational strong warrior types (Tea Party, hunters, etc) went forward into battle to save humanity. We all eventually died or became the Zombies. Those that remain were the comatose, or the chickens hiding in mommy's basement. These survivors ARE the idiots who survived by accident not by strength and guile.

This story is exploring the question of whether the idiots have it in them to "get smart" before they all die.

Sure, it's a stretch, but I really want to like this show, and this is the only way I can.

That column and talkback made my head hurt .

::)

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

I know kelliejane (whom I follow on Twitter) adores Kurt Schlichter, but cheese and rice is that guy stupid when it comes to entertainment.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 19, 2011, 11:16:12 AM
I know kelliejane (whom I follow on Twitter) adores Kurt Schlichter, but cheese and rice is that guy stupid when it comes to entertainment.

I think when someone goes Left vs Right 24/7 they can't see the forest for the trees .

Anyways - I'm entertained .
Joy and I watched it again last night .
We both favour Darryl .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 19, 2011, 11:24:18 AM
We both favour Darryl .

He seems to have the best survival instincts.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 19, 2011, 11:29:11 AM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 19, 2011, 11:24:18 AM
We both favour Darryl .

He seems to have the best survival instincts.

Skills .
Lost skills .

I have a BiL who'd be the blacker version of him .
He pretty much kills everything he eats .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

You guys are silly. We discussed some of those very concerns of his here in this very thread. 

I think they could have taken five minutes to go over basic gun safety and used the term "point and click".  And he's right that there are far-better vehicles out there than an old Winnebago. 

And I still think the deer scene was pretty dumb, but then I've actually been deer hunting (unlike the writers, probably). ;)

TinkTanker

I knew somebody was in for it when I saw Robert Kirkman wrote this episode. Dude is like a unhinged version of Joss when it comes to killing folks and making life miserable.