• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

I was also glad the church scenes didn't end up being some Christian-slamming kind of thing.  I'd say in such apocalypse we'd have all varieties -- the kind asking with prayers (Carol), the ones who don't know (Rick) and even the angry-at-God types (which I don't think were shown there, but Andrea would have been a good choice).

Merle ran the entire gamut in episode three .

;)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

In the comics, it was very clear that once you die from anything, you come back. The virus is everywhere, everyone has it. It does not become active until you die. In the comics, someone is dead and buried and left way back. The party discovers the dead come back regardless and Rick had to go back, dig up the body/zombie and kill it.

I guess the show and the comic are treating the zombies differently.

BTW, Zombieland is going to be made into a half-hour sitcom.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

BTW, Zombieland is going to be made into a half-hour sitcom.

:bender:
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 18, 2011, 07:18:51 AM
In the comics, it was very clear that once you die from anything, you come back. The virus is everywhere, everyone has it. It does not become active until you die. In the comics, someone is dead and buried and left way back. The party discovers the dead come back regardless and Rick had to go back, dig up the body/zombie and kill it.

Ah wow, thanks. That would really change the dynamics.  Someone dies, you better burn them (like up north in Game of Thrones).  Or at least give them a screwdriver lobotomy.

QuoteBTW, Zombieland is going to be made into a half-hour sitcom.

Well, I'll hope for the best ...

geogal

I didn't get a chance to watch until last night.  And I feel like my head is home to a bunch of mining dwarves today, so my thoughts are a little scattered. 

It was pretty excellent.  I love that Daryl has become such an important part of the group.  I always got the sense that he followed Merle's lead, so it might be good for him to be seen as his own man, and appreciated for his skills.

Carl, however, is as dumb as a box of rocks.  If you see a cache of weapons being cuddled by a corpse, you go get an adult.  He didn't deserve to be shot by a hunter, he deserved to be zombie chow.

What would have been creepy would have been to have zombie preacher at the front of the zomgregation. 

I'm toying with the idea with coming up with a version of fantasy football-- fantasy apocalypse.  It would allow players to 'recruit' book, movie, and tv characters to come up with a group to survive a variety of apocalyptic scenarios.  Still working on internal logics, but it might be fun ;)

Eric

Blastr calls this scene from the next episode as "playing the race card". Hopefully the context ends up being more that he just had that very serious gash to his arm, lost a lot of blood, and isn't thinking right. At the end of the clip, it seems like it could be just that:

The Walking Dead Sneak Peek: Episode 202, Bloodletting

ETA: At any rate, his having lost so much blood might make it inadvisable to take a romp through the woods.  Even only a pint is enough for the Red Cross to say to take it easy.

Eric

Quote from: geogal on October 18, 2011, 08:48:04 AM
I'm toying with the idea with coming up with a version of fantasy football-- fantasy apocalypse.  It would allow players to 'recruit' book, movie, and tv characters to come up with a group to survive a variety of apocalyptic scenarios.  Still working on internal logics, but it might be fun ;)

Haha, neat idea Geo. :D

Spooky

Quote from: Eric on October 18, 2011, 11:16:57 AM
Blastr calls this scene from the next episode as "playing the race card". Hopefully the context ends up being more that he just had that very serious gash to his arm, lost a lot of blood, and isn't thinking right. At the end of the clip, it seems like it could be just that:

More like Blastr is playing the race card.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Quote from: geogal on October 18, 2011, 08:48:04 AM

Dibs on Arya Stark.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on October 18, 2011, 11:16:57 AM

ETA: At any rate, his having lost so much blood might make it inadvisable to take a romp through the woods.  Even only a pint is enough for the Red Cross to say to take it easy.

Meh , tired , scared and revealing his own prejudices .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze