• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on December 22, 2010, 03:48:49 PM
I think Gina is too old too, but she wouldn't be a bad choice. How about Kandyse McClure?

Kandyse is too slight imo .

That said - any eyetime I can get with her is a bonus ...
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

OK, can I just say that the zombie getting shot by Shane when they leave the CDC was awesome, where she fell to her knees and then leaned back and died?
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on December 23, 2010, 06:47:49 AM
OK, can I just say that the zombie getting shot by Shane when they leave the CDC was awesome, where she fell to her knees and then leaned back and died?

No. You can't.  :P
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Pearl@32 on December 23, 2010, 06:47:49 AM

It was awesome and I also think she was a producer's daughter or something ...
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

The purist in me winces when they use CGI to do the blood and brain splatter though.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on December 23, 2010, 08:38:24 AM
The purist in me winces when they use CGI to do the blood and brain splatter though.

While I agree to a point , I think it's very well done compared to other shows ( see Spartacus for example )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Digital effects have replaced the artwork of people like Tom Savini. That's life. TWD does what they do very well, but I'm a crotchety old guy who wants the CGI to get the hell off my lawn. :laugh:
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on December 23, 2010, 08:38:24 AM

I agree that it look hokey sometimes, but the cost of doing it CGI is so much less. I'd estimate it would take a pro 15 minutes to make that effect in After Effects and they probably got the effect from a place like this http://www.videocopilot.net/ - Doing it in camera, with practical effects, would take much more time and manpower.

That being said, with the show being so popular, maybe they will have a bigger budget per/ep next season and will be able to use more in camera techniques or higher quality digi-effects.

Spooky

AdmiralDigby

I'm a crotchety old guy who wants the CGI to get the hell off my lawn

The Ray Harryhausen Creature List

:D

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze