• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

From IO9: Comics creator Robert Kirkman revealed that Frank Darabont may bring in Michonne in next season, although the villainous Governor probably won't appear until season three at the earliest...which is the first anyone has seriously mentioned a third season, so take that as good news for the show's long-term future.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 11, 2011, 06:42:10 AM
From IO9: Comics creator Robert Kirkman revealed that Frank Darabont may bring in Michonne in next season, although the villainous Governor probably won't appear until season three at the earliest...which is the first anyone has seriously mentioned a third season, so take that as good news for the show's long-term future.

Looking forward to this .

I hope they keep most of the comics characters in consideration .
I also hope they treat some of them a bit more gently ....
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

There is no farking way they can approach the intensity of the comics.

AdmiralDigby

Agreed .

Herschel's family alone is a bucket of misery .
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 11, 2011, 07:52:40 AM
There is no farking way they can approach the intensity of the comics.

If this were on HBO or Showtime they might get close, but I am happy with the amount of craziness AMC is allowing on the show so far.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Are the graphic novels worth getting?

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on January 11, 2011, 08:28:59 AM

The art is somewhat crude, the dialog can be stilted and wooden, the story is incredibly bleak. But incredible nonetheless. The TV show is a laugh riot compared to the graphic novels, it is so dark and depressing and bleak. They are bundling eight to ten or so (just judging by the thickness of them) per softbound release and I've seen them at Walmart of all places. I'd suggest picking the first one up and seeing for yourself. That is if you can't get them to fall off the internet. *ahem*

Spooky

I think so. I agree with Tink's assessment. Very dark, but I couldn't stop reading. The people are in a world of gao se and I kept reading for the small/brief moments of happiness they found. I found the books on the interwebs, but have since ordered from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294763948&sr=8-1

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

I can't remember if it was in the comic or the show or both, but someone (Dale, I think) said that eventually God would stop shitting on them. That pretty much sums it up. You keep hoping these people who have been through so much will get a freakin' break. When they do, you breathe a sigh of relief. And then you know it will be short-lived and the next load is just around the corner.

AdmiralDigby

I say they are .

Just remove sharp objects and any prescription drugs you might have around the house .

It's extremely bleak .

( but hey , ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ! )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze