• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Spooky's UFC/WEC/PRIDE MMA Thread

Started by Spooky, November 05, 2008, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Randy won? I was rooting for him, but I don't know? He did control a lot of the fight in the clinch, but the significant strikes were landed by Vera. I don't know... :beatsme:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Spooky

Must say i agree with him....
--------

Quote of the Day: Dr Johnny Benjamin on Marijuana in MMA

QuoteIn my research, I could not find any credible, peer-reviewed medical literature that concludes that marijuana use in sporting activities provides significant performance enhancement or is potentially dangerous to the user or competitor. There are articles that discuss the affects of prolonged smoking of marijuana on the lungs, but these issues do not appear to have any relationship to sports.

I do not condone the use of marijuana in athletes - or anyone else, for that matter. I do not smoke tobacco, marijuana, take recreational drugs or drink alcohol. But these are all personal decisions and should not influence anyone other than members of my immediate family.

With that said, I find it inconsistent that sports regulatory bodies have chosen to test for and place marijuana on the banned substances list and not alcohol. I believe that the ban on marijuana use in combat sports is an attempt at legislating morality and not a safety or competitive integrity issue.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/7/1190116/quote-of-the-day-dr-johnny

Spooky

hahahaha! There was a very boring fight on Saturday (except for a couple of minutes in the 2nd round) on Spike TV. It was made a little less boring when you watch it to the Benny Hill theme...

Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander: Benny Hill Edition

AdmiralDigby

Coulda' used more buxom chicks in states of undress .

:D
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Two very good up and coming fighters. Can you guess their heights?

Phyll33

:laugh:

That's Mutt and Jeff isn't it. One looks about 5'4" or 5'5" and the other looks about 6'6" or 6'7".

Spooky

The short guy (Pat Barry) is 5'11" and weighs 230. The tall guy (Stefan Struve) is 6'11" and weights about 240. They are both heavyweight MMA  fighters. Hard to tell from the photo.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on December 10, 2009, 03:57:08 PM
The short guy (Pat Barry) is 5'11" and weighs 230. The tall guy (Stefan Struve) is 6'11" and weights about 240. They are both heavyweight MMA  fighters. Hard to tell from the photo.

Very hard. :)