• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Spooky

It took Santa Ned for me to see that there is a crow in the image.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Spooky

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Spooky

QuoteThere may be no show more profitable to its network than "Game of Thrones" is to HBO. Fully produced by the pay cabler and already a global phenomenon after only one season, the fantasy skein was a gamble that has paid off handsomely. "Boardwalk Empire" is also strong, as is vampire staple "True Blood." Comedies were a different story, however, as "Enlightened," was critically applauded and got renewed but failed to deliver an audience. Laffers "Bored to Death," "How to Make It in America" and "Hung" all saw declines and got the ax in one fell swoop. In nonprogramming news, online viewing portal HBO Go proved a major hit, allowing the HBO brand to extend far beyond traditional TV viewing

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047923

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spookrys Blackfrye on December 28, 2011, 12:04:05 PM
QuoteThere may be no show more profitable to its network than "Game of Thrones" is to HBO. Fully produced by the pay cabler and already a global phenomenon after only one season, the fantasy skein was a gamble that has paid off handsomely. "Boardwalk Empire" is also strong, as is vampire staple "True Blood." Comedies were a different story, however, as "Enlightened," was critically applauded and got renewed but failed to deliver an audience. Laffers "Bored to Death," "How to Make It in America" and "Hung" all saw declines and got the ax in one fell swoop. In nonprogramming news, online viewing portal HBO Go proved a major hit, allowing the HBO brand to extend far beyond traditional TV viewing

So they can afford to punch up some big scenes like the Battle on the Blackwater .....

:ninja:
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on December 28, 2011, 12:47:19 PM
Quote from: Spookrys Blackfrye on December 28, 2011, 12:04:05 PM

So they can afford to punch up some big scenes like the Battle on the Blackwater .....

:ninja:

I think BW will be bigger than anything from last season and you know all the important stuff will be there because GRRM wrote the ep. I linked a snip from someone who said they were on the crew and said it was going to be pretty epic. Let's hope!

AdmiralDigby

I read ( and heard ) RR Martin saying there's "No way" the Blackwater will be as epic as the book .
It'd take the same budget as a full length motion picture or somesuch .

Regardless , I do believe I will be sockless at the end of that ep .

( I hope Tyrion says "Those are brave men. Let's go kill them.." )

:squee:
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze