• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Ms Headey:
QuoteHeadey explained, "She is losing control because her son is totally out of control. I think she can't admit it to anybody. She's dying to ask for help, and she never will. There is a slightly incestuous relationship, which is very wrong, but it's the way she was brought up. She's a little crazy under the surface."

http://www.fansshare.com/news/lena-headey-teases-game-of-thrones-season-2-plot/

Eric

Since I can't see the books' maps very well on my e-reader, I belatedly decided to look them up online.  This one's interesting because it shows key locations. Also that there are far too many banners to remember them all.  ;)

Technically spoilerish, but I suspect not enough to really be concerned.

Edited for even bigger version.

AdmiralDigby

I've seen that map before .

Beyond the Wall , I spy Harma Dog's Head and Rattleshirt !

:D
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 29, 2011, 06:16:26 AM
I've seen that map before .

Beyond the Wall , I spy Harma Dog's Head and Rattleshirt !

It could have very well been posted here before.  I think I'm to the point where I'm not sure if older information has been posted in one of the two GoT threads, or not. ;)

AdmiralDigby

I still saved it .
Might make a bigass print later .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: Eric on October 29, 2011, 05:38:58 AM
Since I can't see the books' maps very well on my e-reader, I belatedly decided to look them up online.  This one's interesting because it shows key locations. Also that there are far too many banners to remember them all.  ;)

Technically spoilerish, but I suspect not enough to really be concerned.

Edited for even bigger version.

I wish there was on this big/detailed that showed the whole world and not just Westeros.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Spoilers if you haven't read book two:

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/scripting-season-2-episode-1/

Scripting Season 2: Episode 1

It's that time again, true believers! Our annual ten-part "scripting" series revs up once again to give you our best (and perhaps slightly more figuratively expensive) guess at what season two of Game of Thrones will encompass.

This year is going to be just a little different as we veer just a bit more from the sacrosanct text of A Clash of Kings; the "butterfly effect" is in full bloom, and we are now forced to follow the trails these little buggers have left. Some changes are for the better. It's no stretch to say we've had to "guess" at more than a few things.

SEASON TWO; EPISODE ONE

PROLOGUE (first half)
DAVOS 1 (first half)
PROLOGUE (second half)
SANSA 1
TYRION 1 (first half)
CATELYN 2 (sort of)
BRAN 1
ARYA 2
TYRION 1 (second half)
DAENERYS 1 (first half)

Our (very) rough outline of the ACoK chapters that we will attempt to cover Season One outline can be found HERE. PLEASE NOTE that none of these scripts are official. Episode 1 encompasses the following pages from "A Clash of Kings" (U.S. softcover): pages 1 – 194. Note that Arya 1 (pages 30 – 37) was included in season one, as was Jon 1 (pages 93 – 106); Catelyn 1 (pages 107 – 121) will not be filmed, as there is no Riverrun for season 2, and the information presented therein will be placed elsewhere. Theon 1 (pages 164 – 186) will appear in episode 2.

Spoilers are everywhere, you dolts! Everywhere! Read ye no further if fear these things ye do!

Introductions: Maester Cressen (Oliver Ford Davies), Shireen Baratheon (featured extra), Matthos Seaworth (Kerr Logan), Ser Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), Lord Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane), Melisandre of Asshai (Carice van Houten), Lady Selyse Baratheon (featured extra), Lady Felyse Stokeworth (featured extra), Lollys Stokeworth (featured extra), Ser Dontos Hollard (Tony Way), Jaqen H'ghar (Tom Wlaschiha), Rorge (Andy Beckwith), Biter (Gerard Jordan), Lord Rickard Karstark (John Stahl), Alton Lannister (Karl Davies), Weasel (featured extra), Beth Cassel (featured extra), Kovarro (Steven Cole)

Deaths: Maester Cressen, Doreah

Sex: Shae and Tyrion (shocking!); Rorge threatens to bugger people; Ros is naked somewhere, somehow, probably

INT. DRAGONSTONE – HIGH TOWER – DUSK

MAESTER CRESSEN teaches young SHIREEN BARATHEON the histories of Westeros. The lesson is interrupted by the entry of MATTHOS SEAWORTH, who tells Cressen his presence is required on the beach. "They're burning the gods," Matthos says. Cressen looks with great trepidation out the window—a RED COMET can be seen, leaving its bloody mark across the sky.

EXT. DRAGONSTONE – BEACH – DUSK

The red comet looms overhead as Maester Cressen is helped to the beach by Matthos. SER DAVOS SEAWORTH is there, standing apart from the ceremony taking place, and Matthos goes to his father's side. The gathered throng moves aside reluctantly for Cressen, parting slowly to reveal MELISANDRE leading prayers to R'hllor, the statues of the Seven Gods lashed together on the beach. LORD STANNIS BARATHEON is present, as well as his wife SELYSE. Melisandre shares a secret smile with the horrified Cressen, and he can do nothing but stare helplessly as the gods he has known since birth are burned in effigy.

INT. DRAGONSTONE – STAIRWELL – NIGHT

Maester Cressen ascends the stairs with the painful steps of a man long past his prime. He meets Ser Davos, who is clearly troubled by the events of the day. Cressen continues on, slow but steadfast, quietly swearing to himself that he will stop Melisandre.

INT. DRAGONSTONE – DINING HALL – NIGHT

Maester Cressen attempts to poison Melisandre over dinner. It does not go well for him, because the night is dark, and full of terrors. Cressen falls victim to his own poison and dies.

OPENING. [new locations: DRAGONSTONE, VAES TOLORRO]

EXT. KING'S LANDING – TOURNEY GROUNDS – DAY

SANSA STARK attends KING JOFFREY'S name day tournament. The crowd is much sparser than the one that had honored her father, the people more indifferent. THE HOUND is here, as are PRINCE TOMMEN and PRINCESS MYRCELLA, but few others of note. (A smattering of lords and ladies, perhaps including LADY FELYSE STOKEWORTH and her simple daughter LOLLYS.) The boredom is broken by a bit of comedy: SER DONTOS HOLLARD is reeling drunk, attempting to mount his horse without any pants on. Joffrey takes a dim view of it and orders Dontos executed, but Sansa talks him out of it (supported by the Hound), saying it is bad luck to kill someone on one's name day. Dontos is instead demoted to court jester. The scene ends with the arrival of TYRION, accompanied by BRONN, SHAGGA, and a mixed array of Lannister guards and mountain clansmen. "You," sneers Joffrey. "Me," Tyrion agrees.

INT. KING'S LANDING – THRONE ROOM ENTRY HALL – DAY

Tyrion, Bronn, and Shagga essentially threaten their way past SER MERYN TRANT to get into the throne room.

INT. KING'S LANDING – RED KEEP THRONE ROOM – DAY

Tyrion walks in on a council meeting chaired by QUEEN CERSEI. In attendance are VARYS, LITTLEFINGER, GRAND MAESTER PYCELLE, and JANOS SLYNT. Tyrion announces that, by decree of his Lord Father Tywin Lannister, he is the new Hand of the King. Cersei is far from thrilled.

INT. KING'S LANDING – RED KEEP THRONE ROOM – DUSK

The room has cleared of all save Tyrion and Cersei. The queen's continued displeasure is evident, especially after Tyrion tells Cersei he knows about her affair with Jaime. A glutton for punishment, Tyrion gets slapped by Cersei a number of times before he finally reveals he has a plan to free Jaime.

EXT. NAMELESS HOLDFAST THAT IS NOT RIVERRUN – DUSK

JAIME LANNISTER is held within a cage on wheels, shackled in irons. LORD RICKARD KARSTARK and his two SONS ride up with ALTON LANNISTER prisoner—bloody and beaten within an inch of his life. "Caught another one of your 'noble' kin, Kingslayer," Karstark says mockingly, "and we've treated him gently as you please." Alton is thrown in with Jaime.

INT. NAMELESS HOLDFAST – COUNCIL ROOM – NIGHT

Lord Karstark and his sons enter the room to find KING ROBB STARK holding council with his bannermen. Robb has received word that Lord Roose Bolton is riding south from the Dreadfort to join their forces, but they know they'll need more, and decide to treat with the newly-crowned King Renly Baratheon. But who to send? LADY CATELYN STARK sits off to the side, listening intently but quiet. She volunteers to go to Renly herself. "He'll want what all kings want," she says. "Homage."

EXT. WINTERFELL – GODSWOOD – MORNING

Bran's wolf SUMMER stalks a deer, eventually cornering it and taking the beast down. Summer's teeth bite into the deer's throat. Blood spurts—

INT. WINTERFELL – BRAN'S ROOM – MORNING

Bran wakes in his bed with blood on his lip. OSHA enters the room with HODOR in tow. She asks Bran if he's alright. "Bit my lip," Bran murmurs, though he is clearly disturbed. Bran asks Osha what she thinks the red comet means; Osha says, "Blood and fire, boy, and nothing sweet," obviously disturbed by it. Osha asks Bran if he had the dream again, and he nods. "Don't fight the wolf dreams, little lord," she says. "Might as well be fightin' yourself. That's a fight few can win." Osha then tells Bran he's to get dressed—someone has returned to Winterfell. "Robb?" Bran asks hopefully.

EXT. WINTERFELL – COURTYARD – MORNING

It is SER RODRICK CASSEL who has returned, greeted by his niece BETH. Bran is a little disappointed. Ser Rodrick immediately begins to direct preparations for the harvest feast. "Important men are coming, men Robb needs for his cause," he tells Bran. "Robb is king. You are the Lord of Winterfell now, Brandon Stark. These men are in your hands."

EXT. THE ROAD NORTH – DAY

ARYA STARK travels with YOREN and his motley band of Wall-bound misfits, including LOMMEY GREENHANDS and HOT-PIE. We're introduced to JAQEN H'GHARR, RORGE, and BITER, all caged. Arya is already developing a fear / fascination of the hypnotic Jaqen. A washed out road forces a detour to...

EXT. SACKED TOWN – DAY

Yoren's band sees firsthand the destruction wrought by Ser Gregor Clegane and the Lannisters. The sole survivor, a little girl they call WEASEL, does not initially want to leave the side of her dead mother's corpse, but she is eventually taken into the wayward band's care.

EXT. KING'S LANDING – BROTHEL – NIGHT

Tyrion arrives with Bronn, cloaked and secretive. They enter the brothel...

INT. KING'S LANDING – BROTHEL COMMON ROOM – NIGHT

Tyrion is shocked to discover Varys here. The eunuch is entertaining SHAE, as well as CHELLA and TIMMETT. Varys and Tyrion trade various innuendos. Before Varys departs, he leave Tyrion with a riddle: "In a room stand three men, a priest, a king, and a rich man and his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a man of inconsequential birth, but he does hold a sword. The priest, the king, and the rich man each tell the sellsword to slay the other two. So tell me, Lord Tyrion, who lives and who dies?" Tyrion does not seem immediately intent on pondering this mystery; he slips off to a private room with Shae once Varys is gone.

INT. KING'S LANDING – BROTHEL PRIVATE ROOM – NIGHT

Tyrion confesses to Shae that he is worried for her safety, and does not trust Varys. Shae tells him to shut up by taking her clothes off. Tyrion and Shae make love. After, Shae asks what he will do now that he is the King's Hand. He replies to her, quietly, "I will do something Cersei will never expect. Justice."

EXT. THE RED LANDS – DAY

DAENERYS TARGARYEN helps wrap the body of her dead handmaiden DOREAH in a sash. She and her ragged band have been riding east beneath a cruel sun ever since Khal Drogo's funeral pyre, and they are not doing well. IRRI looks wan. KOVARRO introduced. SER JORAH MORMONT rides up. "What news?" asks Dany hopefully. "Blood of my blood," Jorah says, "there is a city."

EXT. THE GATES OF VAES TOLORRO – DUSK

DAENERYS and her followers stand outside the gates of the deserted city. The streets seen beyond are abandoned, ghostly. Some of her people are terrified of the empty city; Irri in particular has heard the city is cursed. "If I turn back now, all is lost," Daenerys says quietly. She is the first to enter. Pan up to view the RED COMET, seemingly closer and brighter than ever. Fade.

AdmiralDigby

Ros is naked somewhere, somehow, probably

:haha:
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Spooky

If HBO ends up doing the whole series and the young Isaac Hempstead-Wright, who plays Bran, has a typical teenage growth spurt... Whoa Nelly! Poor Hodor's back is going to be pretty sore by the time A Dance With Dragons gets around to airing. Bran may be a character they need to recast at some point.