• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

'Ello, Guvnor!

David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC's The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman's graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead's lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/02/david-morrissey-to-play-the-governor-on-amcs-the-walking-dead-as-new-regular/
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

So America's being invaded by zombies and Brits?!

I think that makes three so far ...

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on February 24, 2012, 03:17:21 PM
So America's being invaded by zombies and Brits?!

I think that makes three so far ...

Hey , it's usually Canuckistanis !

;)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 24, 2012, 03:22:00 PM
Hey , it's usually Canuckistanis !

;)

Durn immigrants doing jobs Americans won't do.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Eric

Well, there were zombies.
Three episodes left in the season.
I suspect I've hit critical mass with the undead.

The Walking Dead 2.10 "18 Miles Out" Comic-to-TV Comparison

TinkTanker

I DVR'ed it until it was 15 minutes or so into so I could fast forward through the handwashing scenes. But they got tricksy, ten seconds of handwashing, twenty seconds of zombies, twenty seconds of handwashing, ten of zombies. It was almost like they are wanting you to sit through the boring gao se.

[spoiler]I guess Herschel was drying out this episode. Or just hanging out with that Asian fella.[/spoiler]

Eric

Andrea continues to be my least-favorite character.  I think it's the constant sneer.

As for the episode:

[spoiler]
This episode was very symbol-heavy (compared to other episodes, at least).  My favorite was the zombie reflection of Shane, which could have been either foreshadowing or showing his inner self, a'la The Portrait of Dorian Gray.  Shane and Rick arguing at a crossroads was interesting, as was their both looking down at two undead lawmen.  Shane's seeing the lone walker-in-the-fields is probably in there too.[/spoiler]