• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Spooky's UFC/WEC/PRIDE MMA Thread

Started by Spooky, November 05, 2008, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Back home from shooting the fight. That was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work, but so worth it! I think I got some really good shots, but more important to me at this point was the networking. I met several local promoters and traded info with them. I met a representative of Tapout (the largest Mixed Martial Arts clothing brand the have a magazine as well) and he said he wants to use my photos. If everyone likes my photos, this could lead to some paid gigs! I'll post some shots latter tomorrow.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

What a great night! Got to meet Urijah Faber, one of my favorite fighters, tonight. I got to the fight early and was able to chat with him for a few minutes. I was going to ask to do an interview, but he started signing autographs, so I had him sign the back of my press pass.

There was a rep from Tapout (Bret Atchley) at the fight, I know him pretty well now and he talked Faber's manager into getting a few minutes of face time and Bret let me tag along. I had my voice recorder and recorded the whole thing and even asked a few halfhearted questions. I learned a lot from listening Bret. He's done a ton of interviews and I am happy he let me hang with him.

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=4]

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on May 31, 2009, 12:02:44 AM
Back home from shooting the fight. That was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work, but so worth it! I think I got some really good shots, but more important to me at this point was the networking. I met several local promoters and traded info with them. I met a representative of Tapout (the largest Mixed Martial Arts clothing brand the have a magazine as well) and he said he wants to use my photos. If everyone likes my photos, this could lead to some paid gigs! I'll post some shots latter tomorrow.

Excellent news! And we can all say we knew you way back when.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

TinkTanker

Going to my first MMA match tomorrow night.

Spooky

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on July 31, 2009, 08:33:26 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on July 31, 2009, 07:39:53 AM
Going to my first MMA match tomorrow night.

Fun times!

To be honest, I never gave it even a first thought until you went on about it, but the local sports guys were pimping it this AM and I snagged a pair of passes. Looking forward to it.