• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark-Hunter Series

Started by Rosie, July 10, 2008, 07:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyobar

Quote from: Rosie on December 29, 2008, 09:36:03 PM
Quote from: Wyobar on December 28, 2008, 11:24:09 PM
Quote from: Rosie on December 28, 2008, 08:05:49 AM
Well? Did you get any Sherrilyn Kenyon?

I want to talk about it but I have no one to talk about it with.

I didn't (sad face) but Borders is having a big sale so I will pick it up on Wednesday. I promise to read really, really fast.

What you going to buy?

I jusr finished One Silent Night.

I need to get her last 2 book, both Acheron and One silent Night. Wednesday... coming up soon!

Wyobar

Quote from: Rosie on August 23, 2008, 09:51:09 PM
Well I just finished Acheron. I was good but I felt like I read 2 books. The beginning is all about the pain of his childhood. It was more than I wanted to know. The preset day was too short by consequence. It was a  good book but now I am looking forward to Fang and Aimee's story. :D

I am drained! What a book... I kept wondering how she was going to keep the story moving forward but she exceeded my expectations. His human life was so hard to read but I think that it did need to be as long and as horrific as it was because it made me really understand just how incredible Ash became. I feel like I was in another world for the week it took me to read. Reading the next one about Stryker was way easier. Finished that one in one day *G

Rosie

Quote from: Wyobar on January 11, 2009, 08:26:02 PM

I am drained! What a book... I kept wondering how she was going to keep the story moving forward but she exceeded my expectations. His human life was so hard to read but I think that it did need to be as long and as horrific as it was because it made me really understand just how incredible Ash became. I feel like I was in another world for the week it took me to read. Reading the next one about Stryker was way easier. Finished that one in one day *G

Yay you made it!

Reading Acheron was like reading 2 books. Although I agree its important I would rather not have soooo much detail. Once we reach present day it felt like a second book. It took me almost to the end to realize it was, we read Ryssa's Diary in the beginning, that made it better. I loved the show down with Artemis in her temple that was awesome.

Stryker's story was great. I loved finding out more about Nick. :)

Wyobar

Quote from: Rosie on January 14, 2009, 12:14:18 AM
Quote from: Wyobar on January 11, 2009, 08:26:02 PM

Yay you made it!

Reading Acheron was like reading 2 books. Although I agree its important I would rather not have soooo much detail. Once we reach present day it felt like a second book. It took me almost to the end to realize it was, we read Ryssa's Diary in the beginning, that made it better. I loved the show down with Artemis in her temple that was awesome.

Stryker's story was great. I loved finding out more about Nick. :)

I didn't realize that the first part was Ryssa's Diary... ack I think I read it too fast & it took me a week! It was about time that Artemis got the short end of the stick! I cried thinking about what a good soul Acheron had even while being so abused. He could have so easily become like Zarek. I didn't think Kenyon could push the story along without disappointing me... Acheron was such an important character & I had some firm feelings about him. Loved reading about why Ash wore Goth clothes... never thought about it dulling his "special" force. The best was how she weaved the final part with Tory... WOW!

Didn't you feel that she made Stryker become nicer too fast?

Nick... now he is going to be a fascinating story esp. since Ash has to train him *G

Rosie

Quote from: Wyobar on January 14, 2009, 06:41:58 PM

I didn't realize that the first part was Ryssa's Diary... ack I think I read it too fast & it took me a week! It was about thyme that Artemis got the short end of the stick! I cried thinking about what a good soul Acheron had even while being so abused. He could have so easily become like Zarek. I didn't think Kenyon could push the story along without disappointing me... Acheron was such an important character & I had some firm feelings about him. Loved reading about why Ash wore Goth clothes... never thought about it dulling his "special" force. The best was how she weaved the final part with Tory... WOW!

Nick... now he is going to be a fascinating story esp. since Ash has to train him *G

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to fail to realize it.

Tory telling off Artemis is my favorite part.

I don't think Stryker was nicer,  we just got to see a different side. He and Ash agreed to keep  fighting since they can't come together.

I think she was stuck with Nick but now she has another road to go.

I would like more werehunter books. I know she's working on Fang and Aimee and she wrote a short story for fury.

I'm going to have to reread the whole series at some point.

Wyobar

Quote from: Rosie on January 14, 2009, 11:49:18 PM
Quote from: Wyobar on January 14, 2009, 06:41:58 PM

I didn't realize that the first part was Ryssa's Diary... ack I think I read it too fast & it took me a week! It was about thyme that Artemis got the short end of the stick! I cried thinking about what a good soul Acheron had even while being so abused. He could have so easily become like Zarek. I didn't think Kenyon could push the story along without disappointing me... Acheron was such an important character & I had some firm feelings about him. Loved reading about why Ash wore Goth clothes... never thought about it dulling his "special" force. The best was how she weaved the final part with Tory... WOW!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to fail to realize it.

Tory telling off Artemis is my favorite part.

I don't think Stryker was nicer,  we just got to see a different side. He and Ash agreed to keep  fighting since they can't come together.

I think she was stuck with Nick but now she has another road to go.

I would like more werehunter books. I know she's working on Fang and Aimee and she wrote a short story for fury.

I'm going to have to reread the whole series at some point.

I just remember Stryker being so cold hearted with Urian that I couldn't reconcile the old with the new. I did like the touch of him having the tattoo and the photos in his dresser drawer. But why was Jaden being tortured by his daughter?

I agree, she had trapped him in the corner with his anger & I loved how she was able to come up with a plausible reason for him to have to deal with Ash. Can't wait to see that story! I bet there will be fireworks for sure.

I lean more towards the darkhunters and the gods but I will enjoy seeing the guy that finally reaches Aimee *G

I decided that this spring or summer I am going to do exactly that... I want to read them closer together and catch all the tidbits that I missed by reading the stories so far apart.

Rosie

Quote from: Wyobar on January 15, 2009, 06:12:17 PM
I just remember Stryker being so cold hearted with Urian that I couldn't reconcile the old with the new. I did like the touch of him having the tattoo and the photos in his dresser drawer. But why was Jaden being tortured by his daughter?

I think Stryker killed him in the heat of anger. He  loved Urian and was sorry he did it.

Jaden is the focus or her next arc. We'll find out more I'm sure. :)

Wyobar

Quote from: Rosie on January 15, 2009, 11:55:18 PM

I think Stryker killed him in the heat of anger. He  loved Urian and was sorry he did it.

Am I remembering wrong, in that, Stryker was really critical of Urian? Now I am going to have to reread Urian's story... can't keep them straight.

Can't wait for that one... Jaden really intrigued me.

Rosie

Quote from: Wyobar on January 16, 2009, 11:59:43 PM

Am I remembering wrong, in that, Stryker was really critical of Urian? Now I am going to have to reread Urian's story... can't keep them straight.

He can be real critical and still love his son. Stryker is hard, and unloving. I always felt sad for him that Appolymi never love him like a son even though she saved him and raised him.

Wyobar

Quote from: Rosie on January 17, 2009, 07:31:50 AM
Quote from: Wyobar on January 16, 2009, 11:59:43 PM

He can be real critical and still love his son. Stryker is hard, and unloving. I always felt sad for him that Appolymi never love him like a son even though she saved him and raised him.

Appolymi could only love Acheron, unfortunately. I did like how Stryker was able to finally recognize his own failings... takes an awfully strong man to do that.