• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

I would have loved to have seen that.  :haha:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Eric and I were sparring off and I grabbed plastic chopsticks and a cat food can lid and pulled a Khal Drogo. I was not intimidating. aw.

I get the same results when I wear my biker colours

:D
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 17, 2012, 07:59:36 AM

Eric and I were sparring off and I grabbed plastic chopsticks and a cat food can lid and pulled a Khal Drogo. I was not intimidating. aw.

I get the same results when I wear my biker colours

:D

UUUUUUUU put the U in colour!  :PSA:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

There are "Unicorns" in GoT  .

( although I read somewhere that they may in fact be rhinos ... )

Robot Chicken: Rhino Hump

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 17, 2012, 01:36:30 PM

I didn't realize that the lizard lions that the Crannogmen hunt in the marshes of The Neck are probably alligators or crocodiles. I would laugh if it is confirmed that GoT unicorns are rhino's.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Skoopy on February 17, 2012, 01:40:32 PM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 17, 2012, 01:36:30 PM

I didn't realize that the lizard lions that the Crannogmen hunt in the marshes of The Neck are probably alligators or crocodiles. I would laugh if it is confirmed that GoT unicorns are rhino's.

And I want to see a "Zorse" .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebroid

( why did Africans never domesticate zebras ? )

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

Domestication

Attempts have been made to train zebras for riding, since they have better resistance than horses to African diseases. Most of these attempts failed, though, due to the zebra's more unpredictable nature and tendency to panic under stress. For this reason, zebra-mules or zebroids (crosses between any species of zebra and a horse, pony, donkey or ass) are preferred over purebred zebras.

In England, the zoological collector Lord Rothschild frequently used zebras to draw a carriage. In 1907, Rosendo Ribeiro, the first doctor in Nairobi, Kenya, used a riding zebra for house calls. In the mid-19th century, Governor George Grey imported zebras to New Zealand from his previous posting in South Africa, and used them to pull his carriage on his privately owned Kawau Island.
A tamed zebra being ridden in East Africa

Captain Horace Hayes, in "Points of the Horse" (circa 1893), compared the usefulness of different zebra species. In 1891, Hayes broke a mature, intact mountain zebra stallion to ride in two days time, and the animal was quiet enough for his wife to ride and be photographed upon. He found the Burchell's zebra easy to break, and considered it ideal for domestication, as it was immune to the bite of the tsetse fly. He considered the quagga (now extinct) well-suited to domestication due to being easy to train to saddle and harness
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 17, 2012, 02:08:51 PM
( why did Africans never domesticate zebras ? )

I've heard that they are just plain mean and can't be truly be broken in the sense that horses/donkeys can be.

ETA: I think it was an old National Geo mag from years ago and maybe a Discovery channel show or two.