• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 19, 2011, 02:30:15 PM
So... Apparently the actress who plays Shea was a different type of actress at one time.

I figured that was common knowledge .

;)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 19, 2011, 04:09:22 PM
So... Apparently the actress who plays Shea was a different type of actress at one time.

;)

Not to me. I GIS'd her and was like  :o
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 19, 2011, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 19, 2011, 04:09:22 PM

;)

Not to me. I GIS'd her and was like  :o

I was .....

How You Doin

O0
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

Spooky

A New On-Set Reporter Puts You Behind the Scenes
By Cat Taylor

An October chill has arrived in Belfast and Game of Thrones is already deep into filming Season 2. It seems only fitting that as the second book begins in the thick of things, so should the production diary.

I'm Cat Taylor, assistant to the show's executive producers and writers extraordinaire: David Benioff & D.B Weiss. I'll be taking over here for Bryan Cogman, who is busy on so many exciting GOT projects that he had to stop writing the blog for fear of accidentally letting surprises slip. (Though he promises to check back in from time to time).

I'll take you behind the scenes of the filming of Season 2, and while there are many secrets I have to keep and a lot of unexpected twists to come, there's still a lot for us to talk about: One King is dead, but many rise. Cersei plots while Joffrey rules. The Hound is hunting. Jon is North of the Wall, Robb is at war and Arya is nowhere to be found. Littlefinger has a plan that no one yet comprehends. And let's not even get started on Tyrion ...

The shooting has begun with so many people in different locations that we've assembled two crews to get the job done (and given them the requisite codenames "Wolf" and "Dragon"). In the last few weeks a charter flight left with the Wolf crew, costumes and props packed to the wing tips en route to sunnier shores. Finding a commercial flight to Westeros is harder than you'd guess! The offices here were weirdly quiet as the Dragon unit got ready for three weeks of night shoots and everyone waited to see what would happen at the Emmys ...

And then the halls were echoing with Peter Dinklage's acceptance speech, played over and over again for those who missed out on the live show feed. Of course, everyone had an opinion on the best- and worst-dressed list and the other shows that were nominated alongside 'Game of Thrones.'

But now the night shoots have started in Belfast, and winter is definitely coming. In a chilly field across the street from this trailer, in the shadow of a fake medieval tower, a fight is going full tilt, and the yells of the actors are echoing through the woods ...

But more on that next time.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/10/20/a-new-on-set-reporter-puts-you-behind-the-scenes.html

Spooky

ETA: There is a spoiler warning part way through the interview.

George R.R. Martin on His Favorite Game of Thrones Actors, and the Butterfly Effect of TV Adaptations

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/10/george_rr_martin_on_his_favori.html

Spooky

Spooky