• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on February 18, 2013, 07:40:26 AM
They did have the zombies on the bridge and at the end.

That's enough zombie action for me , but the overall writing does lack a certain zest .

But my biggest beef - where is Tyreese and his crew ?
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

AdmiralDigby

The bridge scene was 20 minutes into a 43 minute show. IIRC, not one zombie was shown until then.

I'm fine with stretches between zombies .
Just punch up the dialogue .
I can't say I know better , but I do know that sometimes the convos can be kinda sucky

Daryl was gonna rob Camp Dinnerbell ?
Merle didn't know their dad(?) beat Daryl ?

I did like the prison map on the floor - should do one on a wall and then you could have strategy sessions .
( that's the D&D in me right there )

;)
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 18, 2013, 08:07:49 AM
But my biggest beef - where is Tyreese and his crew ?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ETA: Oh, and [spoiler]you ain't going to be happy.[/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Well, they did the very, very, very awesome delusion called Lori, so that makes up for the missing zombies, right?  :P
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Yeah, just what this Chucking show needs is more Chucking Lori.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Saxon

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 18, 2013, 08:45:05 AM

Reminds me of Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality"...she had a team of professionals make her look that good!

Okay, I'm still feeling suckered into watching this show. All my senses tell me to hate it, I scream at the tv, throw out things I'da done different, groan over how the zombies don't show up when they should (if you judge by when they did before), and how contrived it all is. I was even nitpicking how fake the 'beard' on Rick was!! *then on Talking Dead, yes I watch it too, the actor who plays Rick was on with some obviously dyed hair and a very salt & pepper beard! So, I was right, they add color to his beard, but it just makes his face look muddy. I noticed a lot of bad dye jobs on there. Daryl has some very flat, dyed hair it seems...and Andrea! It might just be that I was grab her and shake her, but the fact that they have her in one of those highlight lowlight dye jobs that you can only get a salon is maddening! One thing about Laurie, she looked like the hot mess one would expect under the circumstances!!

I laughed on Talking Dead when the chick who plays Maggie was talking about the Governor (are they all Brits?), and how, when he was working on his accent, he studied Bill Clinton! Perfect!! He had to get the dirty, nasty, conniving, perverted Southerner w/ a lust for power and position down!! lol.

Again, I apologize to all those who are fans and I ragged on their show! I still rag on the things that bothered me when I first watched, but it is so highly addictive!

AdmiralDigby

The show is easily "raggy" , much like Star Trek or any other show not called Justified , I enjoy it but do wish some of the writers would be swapped out for some more talented scribes .

:)
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 13, 2013, 01:58:03 PM
I enjoy it but do wish some of the writers would be swapped out for some more talented scribes .

:deadhorse:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze