• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Speaking of Justified, Ann says it has to be the best portrayal of the Deep South she's seen. The mannerisms, the dialect, the way they eat and what they eat. The bit about all the black folks knowing who everyone was and what they did and the white folks knowing a little but not nearly enough.The scenes from last season where the two warring factions would meet in a church (they called it parley), she's said she's seen that done. And they actually got it right.

We're not "south" but we are "rural" .

A lot of what Justified portrays is not that much different than up here in Nova Scotia .
Then again , many Canuckistanis will describe Alberta as being Canuckistan's Texas while NS and New Brunswick are Canada's "Alabama" .

The show rings true .

:)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 05, 2012, 07:27:55 AM
Speaking of Justified, Ann says it has to be the best portrayal of the Deep South she's seen. The mannerisms, the dialect, the way they eat and what they eat. The bit about all the black folks knowing who everyone was and what they did and the white folks knowing a little but not nearly enough.The scenes from last season where the two warring factions would meet in a church (they called it parley), she's said she's seen that done. And they actually got it right.

We're not "south" but we are "rural" .

A lot of what Justified portrays is not that much different than up here in Nova Scotia .
Then again , many Canuckistanis will describe Alberta as being Canuckistan's Texas while NS and New Brunswick are Canada's "Alabama" .

The show rings true .

:)

:like:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

geogal

Eric

No new The Talking Dead episodes uploaded yet.  We watched the first thirty minutes via Verizon's Video on Demand.
Kind of a snoozer, except when Hardwick gets zombiefied.  The GW Bush joke was about three years out of style, but I guess never too old for a Simpsons writer.

Next week Zach Levi joins the after-show.

Greg Nicotero(Director of this TWD episode/FX guru), Dana Gould (The Simpsons) and Scott Ian (of Anthrax) were guests.  Here's the after-after show:

geogal

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Eric