• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Via Walker from 4Chan:

Okay, so here we go again...

Episode 12 "Better Angels"

Episode begins [spoiler]with Dale's funeral. Rick makes a speech, intercut with Andrea, Daryl, Shane and T-Dog killing some random walkers in a field. Funeral ends with Rick saying that the group has to set aside their differences and pull together in honor of Dale. Cue theme music.

Hershel finally allows everybody to move into the house. Rick decides to let Randall loose instead of killing him, just like they had originally planned. Shane gets all mad at the idea, but Rick says it's his decision and Shane needs to shut up. Later, Carl reveals to Shane that he done fucked up and stole Daryl's gun as well as released that walker from the swamp, but asks him not to tell anyone. While Shane is building a lookout platform, Lori comes to talk to him. She thanks him for everything he had done (saving them from Atlanta, etc.) and says she's truly sorry for all the crap that happened between them.

Shane asks Rick that he and Daryl be allowed to go dump Randall, but Rick refuses. Shane then tells Rick about what Carl did and gives him Daryl's gun. Rick has a talk with his son and basically tells him to grow up. Meanwhile, Shane sneaks into the shed and releases Randall. They secretly leave the farm and take off into the woods together. Shane tells the kid that he wants to join their group and asks Randall where it is. He tells Shane that they have a camp on a highway five miles away. Shane then proceeds to snap his neck.

The group discovers that Randall is gone and gets all panicked. Suddenly, a bloody Shane appears. He says that Randall knocked him out and escaped (he actually smashed his head into a tree after killing Randall) and that he tried to run after him. Two pairs head out to look for Randall: Glenn & Daryl and Rick & Shane. Daryl uses his epic tracking skills to deduce that Randall and Shane actually walked together and had a scuffle near the tree with Shane's blood on it. Then, a zombie-Randall appears. Daryl misses with his crossbow, there's a fight, Glenn takes out Randall. Daryl uses his epic Sherlock skills to deduce that Randall was killed by a broken neck and zombified in spite of having no bite marks.

Shane and Rick meanwhile arrive on a field. Rick tells Shane that he knows Shane plans to kill him there. Shane plans to pin the murder on Randall and says he's better for Lori and that Rick has no idea how to fix the situation. Shane wants Rick to raise his gun so he wouldn't have to kill an unarmed man. Rick talks him out of the murder, telling him that there's still a way out of it. As Shane is lowering his gun, Rick stabs him in the chest, killing him. Carl appears, having left the farm looking for them, and sees Shane rising from the dead while Rick's back is turned. He shoots Shane in the head, attracting a nearby group of walkers. Rick and Carl stand over Shane's corpse, oblivious to the huge horde of walkers approaching the farm from the woods.[/spoiler] End episode.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

I'm curious who he is.  Maybe Kirkman himself?  :rofl:
BTW, why put a lock on the barn door when Carl was able to just get in through the loft?

Clips/previous/whatnots:

The Walking Dead 2x12 Promo | "Better Angels" [HD]
The Walking Dead 2x12 Sneak Peek | "Better Angels" [HD]
The Walking Dead Sneak Peek #01: 2x12 - "Better Angels"

Eric

I had to laugh when civil liberties lawyer Andrea wanted to kill Randall then did the "Andrea-condescending-smirk" when someone suggested to let him live and do forced labor.  I guess it's more humane to just kill him than to make him work on a farm until he is trusted.

This guy says last night's episode was his favorite of season two so far.

I think if Dale got on peoples' nerves it wasn't so much from being the group's conscience, but perhaps more from the actor's interpretation of Dale (along with the show writers' scripts).  From my little understanding of the books, it seemed like Dale was a bit tougher -- more of a stronger, fatherly type.  In the show, he just seemed to be pretty weak and a bit whiny.

AdmiralDigby

"I can't kill a man in front of my son"

"How precious"

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

AdmiralDigby

I thought it was a good episode .

I'll excuse Carl's actions simply because I was not immune to sneaky shenanigans when I was a kid .
( and I once counseled my mother to tell her prof to "Chuck off" , so I can accept his candor when he tells his dad to kill kill Randal )

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

[spoiler]Next week sounds kinda awesome . Why yes , I'm  a fanboi , can you tell ?  :neener: [/spoiler]

I'll never be able to understand why I need to double space everything .

:-[
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

"Walker" says that he will not spoil the season finale, because it is just too awesome. People have been begging him, but to no avail.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 05, 2012, 06:52:02 AM
"Walker" says that he will not spoil the season finale, because it is just too awesome. People have been begging him, but to no avail.

Sounds promising .

I understand people's frustration with the pacing and focus .
And hand washing .

Fact of the matter is that compared to Justified , WD has serious waste when it comes to establishing shots .
Justified doesn't have a wasted moment .
This episode confirmed in a few shots and a tiny bit of exposition that Hershel's farm is indeed well fenced and quite prosperous .
( a dozen steers from one field ? )

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

I had to laugh when civil liberties lawyer Andrea wanted to kill Randall then did the "Andrea-condescending-smirk" when someone suggested to let him live and do forced labor.  I guess it's more humane to just kill him than to make him work on a farm until he is trusted.

I can totally see where Dale's coming from .
I can so also totally see that what he wants is a distant memory .

I wouldn't want Randal traipsing around the farm .
Then again I , like Hershel , would have put him down on the fence .

I think , not being all zombie Apocalypsey yet .

;)

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Speaking of Justified, Ann says it has to be the best portrayal of the Deep South she's seen. The mannerisms, the dialect, the way they eat and what they eat. The bit about all the black folks knowing who everyone was and what they did and the white folks knowing a little but not nearly enough.The scenes from last season where the two warring factions would meet in a church (they called it parley), she's said she's seen that done. And they actually got it right.