• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Dec 3 2010 05:49 PM ET

'Walking Dead' exclusive: Exec producer Gale Anne Hurd denies Frank Darabont fired writers, talks season two
by Clark Collis

In an interview with EW, The Walking Dead executive producer Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens) denies reports that director Frank Darabont fired the hit AMC show's writing staff. She also confirmed that all of the principal cast — or, presumably, the actors whose characters are still alive at the end of this Sunday's season finale — are signed up for multiple seasons of the zombie show.

Earlier this week, Deadline reported that Shawshank Redemption filmmaker Frank Darabont — who developed the Walking Dead for television and directed the pilot — had let go the show's writers, including Murder One co-creator Charles "Chic" Eglee. But earlier today, Hurd refuted that allegation. "It's completely inaccurate," she told EW exclusively.  "[In] the writers' room, there are people that have set up other projects that will be their first priority if their own series is picked up as a pilot or if it's a series. I think [Eglee] just decided that he wants to run his own show."

Hurd said the Walking Dead will probably return in October. "I think Frank and Robert [Kirkman, writer of the Walking Dead comic and an executive producer on the show] will sit down early next year, to begin mapping it out." She also confirmed that "every one of the principal cast is signed up for multiple seasons."

So much for the writers and the actors. What about Greg Nicotero? The makeup effects legend created the look of the zombies on the show and played several of the featured undead. However, it is rumored he may soon be making his own directorial debut with an adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale's horror book Drive-In? "We certainly hope he'll be back," said Hurd. "As with everything, it's subject to availability. But he's a very important member of the team as are his colleagues at [Nicotero's effects house] KNB. KNB will still be [doing] our makeup effects."

Finally, Hurd admitted that even she had been surprised by the success of The Walking Dead, which last Sunday scared up its biggest ratings to date. "Honestly, I think they went up because of [EW's] cover article," she said. "When you think about, it's still genre, and a lot of people might think, well, it's a zombie show it's not for me. But we've found that it has broader appeal than initial expectations."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/03/walking-dead-darabont-hurd-writers/
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

PS. The gorgeous cinematography (of at least 3 or 4 of the episodes) is directed by none other than David Boyd, who was director of photography on all 14 Firefly episodes.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Pearl@32 on December 07, 2010, 04:24:42 PM
PS. The gorgeous cinematography (of at least 3 or 4 of the episodes) is directed by none other than David Boyd, who was director of photography on all 14 Firefly episodes.

That little space western had talent from top to bottom , eh  ?

( in spite of Nathan ! )

:neener:
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

New promo video for The Walking Dead teases with season-two hints

http://blastr.com/2010/12/promo-video-for-the-walki.php

AdmiralDigby

So , at the risk of being biased - Gina Torres as Michone ?
( Angela Basset's too old ? )

:)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

I think Gina is too old too, but she wouldn't be a bad choice. How about Kandyse McClure?

geogal

It's a shame she's already on True Blood, but Rutina Wesley could be good.  She's done pretty well with the physical stuff on TB, if she can shake of the stench of victim-hood.

Spooky

QuoteRutina Wesley

I don't like her.... OK it's not her really, it's the character and the way she's written. I don't know why, but I am always rooting for her to die on TB.

Pearl@32

Quote from: geogal on December 22, 2010, 03:55:52 PM
It's a shame she's already on True Blood, but Rutina Wesley could be good.  She's done pretty well with the physical stuff on TB, if she can shake of the stench of victim-hood.
That is so not her fault. But she does get crap on the message boards for her lip quiver. Victim-hood = Constant lip quivering