• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 22, 2011, 07:25:46 AM
It's the end of the human race .
I'd think "pro-life" might be a sensible tactic when it comes to surviving .....

That she even considered (and quasi-attempted) an abortion should be considered a pro-abortion crowd victory. Instead, it's apparently a major controversy.

Money quote comes from one of the TWD producers:
QuoteThe producers and writers of The Walking Dead are fully aware that the morning-after pill would not induce an abortion or miscarriage. We exercised our artistic creative license to explore a storyline with one of our characters, not to make any pro-life or pro-choice political statement. We sincerely hope that people are not turning to the fictional world of The Walking Dead for accurate medical information.

AdmiralDigby

Non-issue is a non-issue .

Lori even says she doesn't know if it's going to work .
She's desperate . Desperate people sometimes make errors in logic .

However , crusaders are very focused on their agenda .

Hence the contrived issue .

A poster on EW who lays it out with logic

I'm actually ok with Maggie calling them "abortion pills." 1) It's what her character- a young woman from the Georgia countryside- would call them; and 2) She said it to hurt Lori.  Maggie had just been attacked by a Walker.  She'd been taught that they were still people who you keep in a barn- and then comes face-to-face with one about to eat her.  So, she's having a bad day and taking it out on Lori.  Whether or not she knows how the pills really work, calling them "abortion pills" is a way of throwing Lori's condition in her face.

I also took Lori's "I don't know if they will work" as an indication that she knew how the pills were supposed to work (stopping pregnancy from occurring) and this (basically forcing a miscarriage) was a long-shot.  Hence the large dos

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Good comment -- I hadn't read those.

Eric

Tonight's "special one-hour episode" of the Talking Dead has guests Greg Nickotero (head TWD makeup-f/x artist),  Robert Kirkman and Daryl himself: Norman Reedus.

Eric

The Walking Dead 2.07 "Pretty Much Dead Already" Comic-to-TV Comparison

I enjoyed last night's TWD episode, though I think it was Shane who carried it.  Some very interesting dynamics going on with Shane filling the leadership role as Rick was still healing and hanging onto the ideals of all human life being valuable. 

[spoiler]That dynamic may have again flipped back to Rick as he was the only one who stepped up to do the deed at the very end.[/spoiler]

Eric

Preview clip from Feb 12th's TWD ep. "208: Nebraska"  SPOILERS for last night's ep abound:

Edited to add the number and title.

Eric

I found these interesting.  The first has the actors talking about what their characters are going through during last night's episode; in the second they are talking about what is yet to come.
SPOILERS abound in both, of course:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

AdmiralDigby

Is the Talking Dead up yet ?
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 28, 2011, 12:28:17 PM
Is the Talking Dead up yet ?

Not yet. Well, whomever is running the channel did briefly put up one, but it was only 9 minutes of the 43 minute show and looked like he had filmed his TV while the show was on.  It's been deleted.  I'm still subscribed to the channel so it'll email me if he uploads anything more.

Or if you can find s01 ep07 somewhere online, it's worth it just to hear the first caller. :D

Eric

Greg Nickotero,  Robert Kirkman, Norman Reedus and two special callers.
Should be about 43 minute total run time. I don't think they did an Internet-only "After-after show".

Talking Dead Part 1
Talking Dead Part 2
Talking Dead Part 3
Talking Dead Part 4