• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Quote"Frank's fingerprints are all over every single aspect of the show," this person says. "I heard a Teamster saying, 'How are we going to do this without Frank?' "

While Frank certainly had a big impact on the show, making a TV show is a very collaborative endeavor and having an attitude like that--an attitude I hope it not widespread throughout the cast and crew--does not sit well with me. I hope the new guy is a good leader and is able to get the cast and crew to believe that they can still make good TV without Frank.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

The only good Stephen King movies ever made have been directed by Rob Reiner and Frank Darabont. Hearing that AMC has bullied the cast and crew into not voicing their concerns bothers me a lot. Plus them suggesting that you would hear the zombies from time to time instead of actually seeing them tells me that they are nickel and diming this to death.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 11, 2011, 12:34:32 PM
The only good Stephen King movies ever made have been directed by Rob Reiner and Frank Darabont. Hearing that AMC has bullied the cast and crew into not voicing their concerns bothers me a lot. Plus them suggesting that you would hear the zombies from time to time instead of actually seeing them tells me that they are nickel and diming this to death.

The only shows they are going to spend the bulk of their money on are Breaking Bad and Mad Men because of their acclaim.... not that Walking Dead is not acclaimed, the others have more Emmy noms.

I enjoyed watching Walking Dead. You'd have to pay me to watch Mad Men. I'd put BB & MM in with depressing shows. If I was going to watch a heavy show, and I'm not saying I'm gonna, it'd have to be The Wire. But I just don't want to go there.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

Walking Dead forbids fans from asking about Frank Darabont's departure at Dragon*Con

Last weekend, the cast of The Walking Dead took the stage at Dragon*Con and fielded questions from the audience — with one big restriction. Dragon*Con attendees were told eight times not to ask about former showrunner Frank Darabont.

According to Geeks Of Doom:

The audience was told precisely eight times (yes I counted) prior to the panel beginning not to ask about Darabont. And while the children on the panel didn't have much to say, all three adult actors shared at least one "Frankism" - all the while staying very guarded about Darabont's departure.

Sounds like AMC doesn't want the real feelings of the cast to get out into the media. Which is only going to create more awkwardness in the future.

http://io9.com/5837750/walking-dead-forbids-fans-from-asking-about-frank-darabonts-departure-at-dragoncon

http://www.youtube.com/embed/jbmJxjPL7mE

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Creative Emmy for OUTSTANDING PROSTHETIC MAKEUP FOR A SERIES, MINISERIES, MOVIE OR A SPECIAL, winning over The Cape, GoT ("A Golden Crown"), Glee and Grey's Anatomy.  :headbang:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

Boo that they beat GoT , but yay that it was Walking Dead .

My two favourite shows last year .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Remember the crawling, legless zombie sheriff Rick Grimes meets in the first episode? 
There's going to be a six-part web series of the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, as seen through her possibly still-living eyes.

The web series starts October 2nd.

TinkTanker