• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Spooky's UFC/WEC/PRIDE MMA Thread

Started by Spooky, November 05, 2008, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

One of my favorite fighters (Uriah Faber) got his ass kicked this weekend. He took a couple dozen vicious leg kicks from Brazilian phenom Jose Aldo. Check out his leg the day after!

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

UFC 116 tonight! The biggest MMA heavyweight title fight in the history of MMA! Go Shane Carwin!

Shane Carwin Highlights

Spooky

Quote from: Spooky on April 28, 2009, 04:35:36 PM
Not sure what I think about this. I admire this guys determination. Not his handicap keep him from doing what he wants, but if he keeps it up he might get seriously hurt.

After watching this documentary on the guy, I say let him do/try whatever his heart desires.

Good stuff...

A Fighting Chance
(2010) 89 min

Born without arms or legs, Kyle Maynard plans to fight in the MMA cage. He'll change your definition of "disability" forever.
A Fighting Chance is the vivid, character-driven story of Kyle Maynard, a young man born without arms or legs. At 23 years-old, Kyle has already become a nationally ranked wrestler, ESPY award-winner, motivational speaker and bestselling author. However, when Kyle seeks an official Mixed Martial Arts match against an able-bodied fighter- a highly controversial and dangerous goal – Kyle has to face even greater challenges in a world that fails to see him as anything but "disabled."
Whether fighting in the MMA cage or extending his "No Excuses" philosophy to wounded military veterans, Kyle Maynard shows what life can be like when every day is a battle.  Ask yourself: what is a disability? What is normal?

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/watch/fighting_chance/

Spooky

"When people look at some one else and look at them as inferior, because of some type of physical challenge, I think that is an inherent disability." - Kyle Maynard

Spooky

Spooky

Back in the game! Covering my first fight in quite some time.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

1:55 am and I just got back home from the fights.... it was a very fun, but very long night. 17 fights in total!

Spooky

The WEC is merging with the UFC! Good news for MMA fans!

AdmiralDigby

Trit fought last weekend in Halifax .
He lost to an American after running out of gas in the third .

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tristan-Johnson-26919

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life