• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Orson Scott Card

Started by Rosie, July 02, 2008, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

I've read the entire LOTR series once, back in high school (I used to be such an avid reader).  Even read Dune back then. 1984. Animal Farm.
My absolute favorite series was John Carter of Mars.  I have no idea how often I'd read all eleven(?) books, but it was many a'time.

Alternative ending for LOTR?

How Lord of The Rings Should Have Ended

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on May 16, 2009, 07:25:57 AM
I've read the entire LOTR series once, back in high school (I used to be such an avid reader).  Even read Dune back then. 1984. Animal Farm.
My absolute favorite series was John Carter of Mars.  I have no idea how often I'd read all eleven(?) books, but it was many a'thyme.

Alternative ending for LOTR?

How Lord of The Rings Should Have Ended

I've read all those , save John Carter , but I do have a few in my library .

And the LotR ending ?

:loloeo:

( Borimir mooning Sauron ! )
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on July 02, 2008, 05:01:58 PM
Quote from: Rosie on July 02, 2008, 03:52:16 PM

I tried reading The Lord of the rings trilogy but couldn't get through that.

About a third the way through the first one I called the wife and asked her if anything ever happens in the story. She asked, "Do you mean does anything bad happen to Frodo and Sam and them?" I said, "No, does anything ever happen? Are there any actual events that occur? 'Cause so far, all they are doing is walking around and singing about eating and I can't take another page of this gao se."

THANK YOU!!

I thought it was just me. I couldn't even get through the movies, I tried, I wanted to...they looked so beautiful...I was even questioning my 'geekhood'. hehe.

TinkTanker

Book one: "There is this ring we must get rid of."
Book two: "We really have to get rid of this ring."
Book three: "Seriously, we have to get rid of this ring." "Okay."

Now the movies rocked. Maybe you just need to smoke some of that hobbit weed. :laugh:
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on June 14, 2009, 04:22:42 PM
Book one: "There is this ring we must get rid of."
Book two: "We really have to get rid of this ring."
Book three: "Seriously, we have to get rid of this ring." "Okay."

Now the movies rocked. Maybe you just need to smoke some of that hobbit weed. :laugh:

Like I said, I TRIED...Jeremy kept begging me to watch, and I kept falling asleep...I forget what the deal was, a marathon on TV or he brought the DVDs when he came to visit. I just kept telling him I couldn't stay awake, I just couldn't get into it. He kept saying, 'but you love this stuff'. That's what was confusing, I SHOULD have loved it...but it was soooooooooo slowwwwwwwwww....lol.   :doh: