• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

First New Futurama Shot

Started by eforhan, May 06, 2010, 09:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Pearl@32

Hot diggity daffodil!

Here's a cool thing: http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2010/05/04/submit-your-questions-for-the-cast-and-creators-of-futurama/

First two questions are good:

In season 3 Fry is transformed into a sexy paragon by worms he ingested in a truck stop bathroom egg salad sandwich. After he convinces them to leave they tell that "they'll be back." Will there ever be a reappearance of the worms, in Fry or anybody else, and what hijinks might ensue?

If you were to actually 'bite my shiny metal ass' would you get an electic shock or suffer some other mouth/jaw related ailment? Has anyone tried, even in the name of science?
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

Two new episodes aired last night.

I enjoyed the first one well enough. I didn't really care for the second one, except perhaps for the 30s/40s sci-fi serial spoofs, the "Transcredible Adventures of Zapp Brannigan".  Of course, the Christian/Bible bashing made me roll my eyes.

Could be they're just (re)finding their sea-legs, I suppose.

Pearl@32

I loved them.

One thing I didn't understand is why they needed the CSI: Miami reference. Was it THAT good a show to remember it in the 31st century?  :doh:  I know, probably an inside joke.

The other thing that ticked me off was the beginning to the second episode was on warp for some reason. They weren't late, it was right on time, but I totally missed the opening. <off to gotfuturama.com>

Had a bit of a Serenity flashback with voices sounding different. I always thought Adam sounded a bit unlike Jayne at the beginning. Zoidberg sounded a bit different in places ~ and if you've ever noticed, his voice had changed over the seasons. Amy sounded a little different, too. But it's not bad-different, it was just noticeable to me. I can't remember if Zoidberg sounded weird in the movies...don't mind me.

How about the power of cable, huh? Penis jokes and sexual innuendos are full-on!  :bender:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

I've only seen the first one, but the show works a lot better as a half hour show. The movies just never hit the mark for me. They were okay at best. Maybe just be me on that. Might need Ritalin. Anyhoo...

Loved the first episode.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Gotta say, that if there are large swaths of America which feels the same as most of these commenters do, we're hosed.

Original article: http://io9.com/5572357/futuramas-return-doesnt-play-it-safe

And yah, I actually do believe large swaths do.