• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Futuramaswan Song

Started by Pearl@32, April 22, 2013, 05:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

'Futurama' Cancelled By Comedy Central
Toon comedy has logged seasons on Fox, Comedy Central since 1999

"Futurama" is coming to an end...again.

Comedy Central confirmed today that this summer's new season of the toon laffer will be its last. The series finale is slated for Sept. 4.

Sci-fi comedy, created by Matt Groening and produced by 20th Century Fox, debuted initially on Fox in 1999 and ran on the net until 2003. Reruns ran on Cartoon Network, and in 2009 Comedy Central revived the show with new half-hour episodes.

The first half of the seventh and final season aired last summer, and the 13-episode second half will kickoff on June 19 at 10 p.m.

By its series finale, "Futurama" will have logged 140 episodes during its run.

"Futurama," which centers on a quirky group of friends living in "New New York" during the 31st century, has earned several Emmys in animation categories, including Outstanding Animated Program.

Final-season guest stars will include Larry Bird, Dan Castellaneta, Sarah Silverman, George Takei, Adam West and Burt Ward.

:'(
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Coincidence Comedy Central is playing "Jurassic Bark" right now?

/Mumford & Sons' "I Will Wait" reminds me of the end of "JB."
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

Pearl, I'm totally getting that shirt. :like:
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"