• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Cmdr Riker and Enterprise

Started by Eric, November 03, 2011, 11:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Johnathon Frakes was in the final episoe of Star Trek: Enterprise, playing Riker on the Next Gen's Enterprise interacting with the ST:E crew from the holodeck's memory.
It was an interesting episode, IMHO, but perhaps not the best send-off for a cast.  For Frakes, most of it was an unpleasant memory:

QuoteDo you want to know the truth about that whole Enterprise thing as the show was called? Rick Berman, executive producer of all things Star Trek, called Marina and myself and said 'we'd like you to do the last episode of Enterprise' ... They said it would be a Valentine to the fans, but all of it ended up doing I think was hurting Scott Bakula's feelings. He was such a gentleman about it and I said to Scott this is weird for me to be on your show and your show is being taken off before it should be taken off and he was such a gentleman about it and said "no, glad you're here" so it was awkward on all accounts, except with working with Marina again which is always lovely. But I wasn't crazy about it. And it was so thinly connected, I thought too. Thanks for bringing up such an unpleasant memory.

Oops, misspellings.

Spooky

I guess he could have said no and turned down the paycheck?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Quote from: Spooky on November 03, 2011, 11:09:26 AM
I guess he could have said no and turned down the paycheck?

Maybe it seemed like a good idea when he accepted?

geogal

It was such a horrible episode for so many reasons (Trip!  No!).  If they wanted to look at love letters to fans, they could take notes on how the SG-1 guys handled episodes 100 and 200.  Those?  Were love letters.  It felt like everyone was laughing together as opposed to the show runners sitting there brainstorming of ways to screw over the fans.

Good to hear Bakula was a gentleman.  I've always heard good stuff about him, and it's nice to see another confirmation.