• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on April 06, 2011, 11:14:04 AM
"I do a pretty good Omar ..."

:haha:

Dude is black and male. That's as close as he'll ever come to doing Omar.

We saw that trailer a few weeks ago and I about fell off the couch when "Clay sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit Davis" did his Omar.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

It's good to see good actors working , I'll probably check this out now .

8)
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Game of Thrones renewed for a second season

Just Like it did with Boardwalk Empire in September, HBO just renew Game of Thrones moments after the ratings for the premiere episode were in. For Game of Thrones, those ratings were solid, not great.

In its heavily promoted premiere on Sunday night, HBO's new fantasy series landed between True Blood and Boardwalk Empire ratings-wise. For its debut 9 PM airing, the drama based on the popular books drew 2.2 million viewers, down 54% from the September premiere of Boardwalk Empire but up  from the 1.4 million who tuned in for the premiere of True Blood 3 years ago. Game of Thrones is closer to True Blood in several aspects - it also is a genre series and, like True Blood, it didn't have a strong promotional platform on HBO.  The trailers for Game of Thrones ran mainly during the miniseries Mildred Pierce, which was more female skewing that the series and was seen by under 1 million viewers every Sunday. For comparison, Boardwalk Empire was promoted during True Blood, which averaged some 6-7 million viewers every Sunday. Encouragingly, in its second airing on Sunday, Game of Thrones drew 1.2 million viewers, 60% of its its premiere audience. Boardwalk Empire's audience for the second outing was 1.4 million, or 29%. HBO's research folk registered a major influx of young males for the 10 PM airing. The highly watched NBA playoff games are considered a culprit for the depressed levels at 9 PM and spiked viewership for the rerun. Overall, the premiere of Game of Thrones averaged 4.2 million viewers on Sunday for the 3 airings vs. 7.1 million for Boardwalk Empire in September.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/hbo-renews-game-of-thrones-for-second-season-after-premiere-airing/

AdmiralDigby

:headbang:

Having seen it twice now , all I can say is "as perfect as one could hope for" .

The too many characters will be tough for n00bs and there will be even more introduced next episode .

I hope this doesn't turn too many people off .
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

I got through about the first half before being called away. I liked what I saw and will finish it up in the next few days.

This is what they should have done with The Dark Tower. There is no way they can condense seven books (some right at 800-900 pages) into three movies with a limited run TV series sandwiched in between.

AdmiralDigby

You're not wrong .

Hopefully , HBO will again change the way we make television/films .

Give those massive tomes the room they deserve .
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

Does HBO carry this on iTunes, Hulu or anything like that?  I really don't want to buy HBO just for one series, but OTOH if it's good I want to help support further eps.

OTOOH (on the other other hand), Hollywood still owes me for sitting through Charlies Angels 2.  What has been seen cannot be unseen.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on April 19, 2011, 11:14:24 AM
Does HBO carry this on iTunes, Hulu or anything like that?  I really don't want to buy HBO just for one series, but OTOH if it's good I want to help support further eps.

OTOOH (on the other other hand), Hollywood still owes me for sitting through Charlies Angels 2.  What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Not available on iTunes.  >:(