• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Castle S3

Started by Spooky, September 22, 2010, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phyll33

Yeah, Lovett was struggling a bit with the acting chops. I had read somewhere there  would be an easter egg
in the show the other night but I don't know if they meant the comments made or something actually being on
set.  When I heard the air lock bit I thought that was going to be it but they kept coming so I was wondering
how many there were.

Pearl@32

TV Guide: Ask Matt

Question: In reference to the recent passing of Stephen J. Cannell, who do you think should be the newest member of the writers-only poker game on Castle? My vote? Stephen King, of whom I am a HUGE fan, with Dean Koontz coming in a close second. With Castle and his Nikki Heat books, King and/or Koontz (BOTH!! Eeek!) would be perfect fits for the group! — Shelley

Matt Roush: I forwarded the gist of this question to ABC, and executive producer Andrew Marlowe responds: "We do plan to have another poker game after an appropriate amount of time has passed. We are aiming toward the end of season. No word yet on who else will be joining us. Would love to hear the fans' suggestions." So consider yourself heard. Personally, I'd like to see some action at the table from some of the great female crime writers: Laura Lippman, maybe, or Patricia Cornwell. But whenever they bring back the poker game, I'm sure they'll pay due respect to the empty seat once held by one of TV's great crime-drama visionaries. On another Castle note: To the person who asked if the 12th precinct is a nod to Barney Miller (sorry, I lost the original question), the answer is yes.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

'Castle' Cast Show Off Their Musical Talents (reposted from castle-fans.org)

ABC's Castle returns tonight at 10 p.m. with "Last Call." The new episode "circles around the bar culture in New York City, so it's got a real Cheers feel to it," according to Stana Katic. And since Cheers is known for that great theme song, there's even a little singing involved.

"'Piano Man' is clearly one of the great bar culture songs of all time, and to be able to end a case at 9 o'clock on a Saturday..." said creator Andrew Marlowe when Staying In visited the set during the filming of "Last Call." "When somebody comments on it, somebody else picks up the ball."

"I'm looking forward to seeing if our cast voices are as good as they've advertised them to be," he added with a smile.

He's got nothing to be worried about. "The boys all have fantastic voices," said Katic. "I'm sure some of them will say, 'No, we don't,' but they really all do. And some of them have got great moves too."

Ruben Santiago-Hudson, who plays Captain Montgomery, is a Broadway regular. And, of course, Nathan Fillion's done his share of singing in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. But there's a downside to all the singing.

"Billy Joel – absolutely love him. Piano Man – fantastic song. You want to get sick of a song pretty quick? Sing it 136 times," said Fillion. "Our poor crew. We were driving them nuts because not only are they having to hear it for the takes, but we're also kind of rehearsing and working it out and trying to stay in the same damn key."

Still, it's not a bad way to spend the day and Castle's genre does lend itself to singing, so one has to wonder if a musical episode is in the cards.

"I'm a sucker for Dennis Porter's stuff with The Singing Detective," replied Marlowe. "If we're on the air long enough, I'd love to do the noir episode, and I'd love to do the musical episode. But I think those shows, with the mainstream audience, you have to be on long enough to earn those shows with them. With the fan audience, I know they would love to see those shows tomorrow, but we have to be cautious and maintain our mainstream audience, as well, and we have to be smart about it."

Katic agrees that Castle's "storytelling framework allows for it."

"We can have something that's a bit more extraordinary and off the beaten path with this kind of a show because it does dive into different genres regularly," she said. "I think we could be serviced well by going and doing a musical version, and it'd be something that, I believe, fans would respond to really well. It'd be a lot of fun. And definitely it would be something that we would have to invest a lot of time into."

But one cast member might need a little more convincing. "We all know a certain show called Cop Rock," pointed out Seamus Dever (Ryan). "I think you have to be in a glee club or something for you to be able to sing on television and it be OK. Or on Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

Maybe with time, Dever will come around. "They're talking about fitting it in the like fifth or sixth or seventh season," he added.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Lip lockage?!
[spoiler]THR: Is there anything on Castle you can talk about?

Nathan Fillion: Well, you know, the "Will they or won't they?" is the big question. Will they or won't they? Will they or won't they? And Castle and Beckett (Stana Katic) — things come to a head and they finally find reason to lock lips, to really, really smooch it up. No holds bar, '30s boxing-style making out.

THR: Is that really going to happen?

Fillion: It's for real. It's a real smooch, not a pretend smooch.

[/spoiler]

Rosie

Quote from: Pearl@32 on December 08, 2010, 07:44:26 PM
Lip lockage?!
[spoiler]THR: Is there anything on Castle you can talk about?

Nathan Fillion: Well, you know, the "Will they or won't they?" is the big question. Will they or won't they? Will they or won't they? And Castle and Beckett (Stana Katic) — things come to a head and they finally find reason to lock lips, to really, really smooch it up. No holds bar, '30s boxing-style making out.

THR: Is that really going to happen?

Fillion: It's for real. It's a real smooch, not a pretend smooch.

[/spoiler]

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:jumping:  :jumping:  :jumping:  :jumping:  :jumping:
:bender: :bender: :bender:

Pearl@32

I"m just sayin! *giddy*  I am bumming that there aren't any episodes until the new year! (for Castle and other shows)

QuoteIf we're on the air long enough, I'd love to do the noir episode, and I'd love to do the musical episode. (Andrew Marlowe)

I think a noir episode would be awesome. They could work that easier than a musical episode. Castle's got a crazy imagination that they could totally run with. *hint hint*

Pearl@32

New ep with Laura Prepon guest starring as the actress cast in the movie adaptation of "Naked Heat."

That was a nice episode, even if it was a bit creepy-stalkerish in parts.

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on January 05, 2011, 01:26:32 PM
New ep with Laura Prepon guest starring as the actress cast in the movie adaptation of "Naked Heat."

That was a nice episode, even if it was a bit creepy-stalkerish in parts.

Yes, I didn't know what to think of that one. She was a bit eerie and since I don't find her very attractive,
the fawning over her from the guys didn't seem to add up. The other story lines of the show were nice
though.

Spooky

"It's just like I dreamed it.... Did I say that out loud?"
:rofl:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

I like Laura more now that when she was on that 70's show. What was it's name?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.