• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Castle S3

Started by Spooky, September 22, 2010, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

QuoteYou don't... wanna to let the Universe down, do you?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

I love this show and I cringe at this show. Nathan is sooo good in it but I just hate that he is aging
so fast face wise. He is only 39 and we should have had another decade of his handsome mug to look
at but it doesn't look like he will stay looking young very long. I wonder what is causing this. I know
genes of course but does he smoke or drink?

Pearl@32

I didn't like the new "Castle" that much. I did like the writing device where Alexis's issues with her boyfriend were the same as those of Beckett's with Castle. I did miss the first 3-5 minutes, but I don't think that's enough time to change my overall icky feeling of the premiere.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Try and watch it again from the beginning. It really sets the tone for the whole episode.

TinkTanker

The whole "Three Days Before" and "12 Hours Before" crap is becoming really overused.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Eh, that didn't help as all that was shown was replayed later in the ep. Thankfully they haven't changed the banter. I don't have to like it that he was so weird and there was this tension with EVERYBODY. But it's not like he called. "Not you too!"
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

And did we not see Malcolm Reynolds when Castle was aiming the gun toward Beckett? <sniffle> Good times.

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on September 23, 2010, 08:41:16 AM
The whole "Three Days Before" and "12 Hours Before" gao se is becoming really overused.

It doesn't add anything! It made it worse!!! I know the beginning sets the tone, but you get the tone from all the cops after Castle shows up. And the first time you see Castle, it's not even really HIM!  :rofl: That was brilliant. Intro = bad idea.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on September 23, 2010, 08:47:29 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on September 23, 2010, 08:41:16 AM
The whole "Three Days Before" and "12 Hours Before" gao se is becoming really overused.

It doesn't add anything! It made it worse!!! I know the beginning sets the tone, but you get the tone from all the cops after Castle shows up. And the first time you see Castle, it's not even really HIM!  :rofl: That was brilliant. Intro = bad idea.

Actually you see the real Castle right away at the beginning of the ep. It starts with Castle and the mirrors/gun fire/chase/pointing a gun at Beckett and you don't know why... fades to black as they fire. Then it cuts back in time to Beckett and crew going to the crime scene and meeting creepy cardboard Castle.

Pearl@32

Yes, yes, details, details. I meant it worked fine without that stupid flashforward-prompts-flashback. It would have made the audience's first time we see Castle, as creepy cardboard, the same as the first time Beckett, Esposito and Ryan see him. I <3 to :deadhorse:

In other news, Seamus Dever (Ryan) has an eyebrow appreciation thread on IMDb.  ;)