• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Summer means smokers!

Started by eforhan, June 25, 2010, 06:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

God love her, but Ann cannot cook either cornbread or dressing (for Thanksgiving) to save her life.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Oh! I also added a small can of green chiles ~ with about 1/2 liquid (just opened can and then smushed it down and dumped out some liquid).

You can also substitute white or blue corn meal and adding about a cup of cheese is good too.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

I'm a purist, I like cornbread in my cornbread and that's about it. Never been a big fan of Mexican cornbread or with pieces of corn or anything except butter with my cornbread.

Eric

What exactly did you do, Sara? I know you added chiles... did you just do the basic recipe?  Or go for the "Recipe variation"?  Or the blue corn meal substitution? That cornbread was perfect (I didn't even realize chilis were in it).

Pearl@32

Basic recipe off the back of the bag!!!!

I just don't know if unintentionally letting the ingredients sit for a minute before I mixed did anything or not.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on June 07, 2012, 08:10:41 AM
I'm a purist, I like cornbread in my cornbread and that's about it. Never been a big fan of Mexican cornbread or with pieces of corn or anything except butter with my cornbread.

Original recipe is not as sweet so if you like really sweet cornbread, use more sugar.

Spooky

I like yellow gunny bears in my cornbread.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on June 07, 2012, 08:10:41 AM

Preach it, brother .

Joy makes excellent cornbread .

Then again , nearly anything she cooks is excellent .

It's no lie when I say I married above my pay-grade .

:)

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

AdmiralDigby

I do have to qualify though - being from beyond the wall food up here is probably different

Like chilli for example - I've never had it without beans and we tend to mix in several kinds all at once ....
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life