• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Summer means smokers!

Started by eforhan, June 25, 2010, 06:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Ok, I'm hungry. Time for lunch!

I like to only buy sweet onions. Sometimes regular onions can just be too dang strong. We eat sausage, peppers and onions sandwiches on a regular basis. Mostly because one of the local sausage makers is so tasty: mild, hot, Boh brats (made with National Bohemian Beer made in Baltimore), polish, and Cheaspeake (Old Bay). They make a few others too. They serve Boh brats at Oriole Park and will be adding the Old Bay ones to the mix later in the summer. The Old Bay ones have a little kick to 'em. And the sausage made for good chili this past winter. I am about ready to go to the Home Depot and get one. http://www.romagourmet.com/
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

I'm not sure what the local sweets are, but that sure sounds tasty Tink.

We need a gas grill. I'm just not sure how much to put into it (i.e., small cheapo or small Weber).

I also wish everyone was closer then we could have regular cookouts.  :grill: :beercheer: :drink:

TinkTanker

Check and see if you can find them. They are worth the effort. The soil they are grown in have a very low sulfur content, which makes them very sweet and not hot at all.

http://www.vidaliaonion.org/

And yeah, being closer together (geographically) for cookouts would be great.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on April 18, 2011, 10:07:42 AM

I like to only buy sweet onions. Sometimes regular onions can just be too dang strong. We eat sausage, peppers and onions sandwiches on a regular basis. Mostly because one of the local sausage makers is so tasty: mild, hot, Boh brats (made with National Bohemian Beer made in Baltimore), polish, and Cheaspeake (Old Bay). They make a few others too. They serve Boh brats at Oriole Park and will be adding the Old Bay ones to the mix later in the summer. The Old Bay ones have a little kick to 'em. And the sausage made for good chili this past winter. I am about ready to go to the Home Depot and get one. http://www.romagourmet.com/

Vidalia onions are available in your area. I used to buy them all the time when I was in VA. They are nice and
sweet.  I loved all of the sausages I used to be able to get in Baltimore. Especially the wonderful sage sausage
for breakfast.  You can't find that sort of thing anywhere else easily. It seems to be very local and ethnic just
like good scrapple.  I ask for it up here and since most of the good sausage here is Italian in nature I get looked
at like where are you from.  My relatives that lived there definitely loved the Pennsylvania Dutch influence in
local products and I developed that taste too. :)

Pearl@32

Quote from: Phyll33 on April 18, 2011, 02:25:54 PM

Vidalia onions are available in your area. I used to buy them all the time when I was in VA. They are nice and
sweet.  I loved all of the sausages I used to be able to get in Baltimore. Especially the wonderful sage sausage
for breakfast.  You can't find that sort of thing anywhere else easily. It seems to be very local and ethnic just
like good scrapple.  I ask for it up here and since most of the good sausage here is Italian in nature I get looked
at like where are you from.  My relatives that lived there definitely loved the Pennsylvania Dutch influence in

Most supermarkets offer a sweet vidalia. We've been meaning to try the local farms for meat, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe for a "treat."

I have never tried sage sausage. I do like sage. If I see it, I'll try it!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on April 19, 2011, 09:50:42 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on April 18, 2011, 02:25:54 PM

Most supermarkets offer a sweet vidalia. We've been meaning to try the local farms for meat, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe for a "treat."

I have never tried sage sausage. I do like sage. If I see it, I'll try it!

It is sooooo good especially for breakfast.  My Grandmother and I would always hit the Lexington Market
and buy the place out. I remember going there with her when I was a little kid. There are so many local
food items that you can only get in that town that I loved. Smearcase cake the local cheesecake was the
only cheesecake I ever liked and the bluefin crabcakes made in some of the local restaurants are to die
for.  My grandparents owned a shore on the Back River when I was a kid and we used to have big crab
feasts with a big pot of crab soup, crabcakes and steamed crabs with Old Bay Seasoning. We caught most
of them off her pier. Those were fun days and fond memories. :)

Eric

Hi. My name is Eric, and I'm a smokeaholic.

I only realized this the other day when I was in my office and kept smelling grilled or smoked food. Since I had the window open, I naturally presumed it came from outside.  The scent was nearly driving me mad, and I could just envision some huge grilling party somewhere with beer and smoked meat.

Only later did I realize Pearl had warmed up the smoked chicken for her dinner.
I seriously think I'd use the smoker at least once a week if there were more foodstuffs handy, and if perhaps I didn't have to baby it so much.

Hi. My name is Eric, and I'm a smokeaholic.

Spooky

I agree, Summer is smokin' hot! That is what you are talking about?

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

Wow, they go all the way up, don't they? She must have had them lengthened.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"