• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

May 4

Started by Pearl@32, May 04, 2009, 08:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

[spoiler]Five by five![/spoiler]

My mom told me this weekend she watches Castle. :)  Then I realized she prolly watches Dancing WTS, too. Oh well.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Next season (there will be one, OR ELSE ABC!) they need to do an alternate reality Nikki Heat episode. Cuz thad'd be so very shiny!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

I absolutely LOVE this show. Can't stress that enough!

[spoiler]All the actors, even the guests are good...the reaction of the birth mother, and the birth father really got to me. I love how Castle needed to hug his daughter. I love how she's so smart that she can mentally spar with her dad and they get each other's jokes. I just love this show! The whole bit about her being this big fan is awesome. Gingi said it reminded her of "Singing in the Rain"...in the original version, there was as song that Debbie Reynolds did that explained just how big a fan she was of 'Donald Lockwood'. They play that down more in the movie, and the song is out there, but with them cutting it from the final movie, it changes the dynamic a bit. I loved hearing the boyfriend say that she stood in line (like us) to get a book signed...and the part about how Castle's books got her through her mother's death...*le sigh*. Good stuff.[/spoiler]

Pearl@32

I concur. The Faith reference doesn't hurt either. I have to admit though, when I turned on ABC, the shot was focusing on just his face and I didn't see Castle, I saw Mal.

I only wish Verizon FIOS included Castle on On Demand so I could rewatch the eps. I think I just might have to own this season.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 05, 2009, 07:16:50 AM
I concur. The Faith reference doesn't hurt either. I have to admit though, when I turned on ABC, the shot was focusing on just his face and I didn't see Castle, I saw Mal.

Mal? Who's Mal?

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on May 05, 2009, 12:18:18 PM

Mal? Who's Mal?

Ma l = Bad in the Latin .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

SerenityValley

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 04, 2009, 08:23:53 PM

My mom told me this weekend she watches Castle. :)  Then I realized she prolly watches Dancing WTS, too. Oh well.

[spoiler]I liked when he said something about cop shows and sunglasses!  Can't remember exactly, but I was cracking up!  (AND the 5x5 was great!)[/spoiler]
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

Quote from: SerenityValley on May 05, 2009, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 04, 2009, 08:23:53 PM

[spoiler]I liked when he said something about cop shows and sunglasses!  Can't remember exactly, but I was cracking up!  (AND the 5x5 was great!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Saxon

I only wish Verizon FIOS included Castle on On Demand so I could rewatch the eps. I think I just might have to own this season.

Yeah, we can't get it on ON DEMAND either...have you tried watching eps on Hulu? Someone (might have been Nathan on him myspace) said they count those views when they are determining if they are going to pick them up.

Oh, I heard of the cutest 'campaign' idea. Castle's publishing company is 'Black Pawn'. Fans are getting cheap chess sets, sending the 'rooks' (castles) in and saying 'Save Castle'....then, they are sending in all the Black Pawns and saying, "Please allow 'Black Pawn' to 'publish' more 'Castle'....for the other pieces, send them with a note that says, "I'll gladly sacrifice my Queen/King/Bishop/Whatever to SAVE CASTLE!".

hehe... I thought that was so cool! I have these little mini chess sets that I use as prizes for our game booth. I only had one left, so I'm going to dig it out and send off a few. heh. The sets were from the 99 cent store, they'll fit in a regular envelope...I figure for 10 bucks of stamps/envelopes and a little time, it couldn't hurt.

Pearl@32

That is a cute idea. I love the smart TV community!