• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

S6 Production Delayed Amidst Fillion's Feud With ABC

Started by Pearl@32, July 17, 2013, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

The Castle has been breached.

Production on the ABC hit series' upcoming sixth season was delayed last week due to star Nathan Fillion's feud with ABC Studios, sources confirm to E! News. Fillion failed to show up to work on Friday, July 12, amidst contract disputes as he is pushing for a four-day workweek. Deadline first repored the news of Fillion's no-show.

A rep for ABC tells us Fillion was on set Tuesday and was scheduled to be there, with a source confirming production is moving forward.

READ: Find out when Castle's season six premiere will air

While our sources spill that ABC and the show's producers want to keep Fillion happy, it's hard for production to move to a four-day work week as he is in almost every scene.

Fillion tweeted from Castle's set on Thursday, July 11, but was noticably Twitter silent on the following day. The actor, who recently starred in Joss Whedon's film Much Ado About Nothing, posted a photo of himself and guest star Lisa Edelstein from the set on Thursday, saying, "Sitting with @lisaedelstein discussing twitter. Is she a doll? Yes, yes she is."

When asked by a fan if he was happy to be back with the Castle family, Fillion posted a photo of crew members, saying, "Wouldn't you be?"

Castle returns for its sixth season on Monday, Sept. 23.

http://www.eonline.com/news/439675/castle-season-6-production-delayed-amidst-nathan-fillion-s-feud-with-abc?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

A guy on Facebook was actually giving him crap for not working a 40-hour week like the rest of us, showing his lack of intel on how filming television works.

Another said he'd need the 3 days to film his recurring role on SHIELD.  :haha:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

Filming Castle is cutting into his Dragon*Con time too much. He's tried of just phoning it in during Jewel's panels.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on July 17, 2013, 06:45:32 AM
Filming Castle is cutting into his Dragon*Con time too much. He's tried of just phoning it in during Jewel's panels.

:spitdrink: :rofl:
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Less Richard. More Alexis. Problem solved. Where is my studio exec sized check?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Sounds like our boy is getting full of himself. I always saw this trait in him, I was
wondering when it would show up in his work.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Phyll33 on July 17, 2013, 07:44:03 PM

Sounds like our boy is getting full of himself. I always saw this trait in him, I was

I know this is going way back in the past and all, but it really irked me the way he handled the whole 'not being able to buy a copy of the comic at cover price' thingy. There was such a huge demand for the first issue of the comic that comic shops ran out and jacked up the price as a collectable. The whole stupid capitalism idea, you know. Nathan doesn't want to pay more than cover price and Nathan being Nathan, Nathan gets on the interwebs and calls out said comic shop and people from around the everywhere were calling and harassing the owner for being mean to Nathan and for trying to make a profit. They even started calling other comic shops that sounded like the original comic shop and started harassing them as well. After a week Nathan calls off the dogs but by then the damage was done, the guy lost a ton of business. It all could have been avoided if Nathan had forked over $20 or offered to sign a copy for a free copy or whatever. But he took to the interwebs and called out the owner of a small business for trying to make a profit.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on July 18, 2013, 07:39:28 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on July 17, 2013, 07:44:03 PM

I know this is going way back in the past and all, but it really irked me the way he handled the whole 'not being able to buy a copy of the comic at cover price' thingy. There was such a huge demand for the first issue of the comic that comic shops ran out and jacked up the price as a collectable. The whole stupid capitalism idea, you know. Nathan doesn't want to pay more than cover price and Nathan being Nathan, Nathan gets on the interwebs and calls out said comic shop and people from around the everywhere were calling and harassing the owner for being mean to Nathan and for trying to make a profit. They even started calling other comic shops that sounded like the original comic shop and started harassing them as well. After a week Nathan calls off the dogs but by then the damage was done, the guy lost a ton of business. It all could have been avoided if Nathan had forked over $20 or offered to sign a copy for a free copy or whatever. But he took to the interwebs and called out the owner of a small business for trying to make a profit.

Yes, I remember that. Nathan is a bit arrogant and while I agreed about the time he got huffy at some fans for
being a bit fresh he doesn't handle those kind of situations very diplomatically considering the business he is in. He
demands respect but the way he goes about it turns people off.

AdmiralDigby

It all could have been avoided if Nathan had forked over $20 or offered to sign a copy for a free copy or whatever. But he took to the interwebs and called out the owner of a small business for trying to make a profit.

Canadians are cheap
;)

I love Nathan the odd misstep notwithstanding .
( and anyways - if the net wants him then they should lock him up )

::)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life