• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Award Shows

Started by Rosie, January 14, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Jennifer Lawrence wins best actress Oscars 2013

Jennifer Lawrence has some pretty quick comebacks to stupid questions.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

madcapitola

I'm just wondering from anyone who watched the whole thing... did any of the winners thank the troops during their speech?

Spooky

Lots of stupid questions!

What do you mean what happened? look at this dress?!?   :haha:

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

madcapitola

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 25, 2013, 11:17:14 AM
Quote from: madcapitola on February 25, 2013, 06:13:41 AM
I turned off the Oscars when the winner for best supporting actor called Quentin Tarantino a hero.

Maybe I take things too seriously, but that made me absolutely sick to my stomach... if that's what passes for a hero these days, no wonder America is where it is.   >:(

It's because QT's help him win 2 Oscars now. Personally I didn't really see a difference between his performance in Inglorious Basterds and Water for Elephants, so I doubt there's a difference with Django Unchained.

That could be why he said it.  I took it a different way though, mainly based on the press around the movie itself.

QT has gotten a lot of props for this movie.  People seem to think he's furthering the civil rights movement by showing us through film just how horribly black slaves were treated.  As far as I'm concerned, those depictions do nothing but further the rift between the races.  All those images do is dredge up more hate and anger.  I've heard people talk about QT's bravery for creating the movie and for using the n-word so many times.  What a crock!

The best evidence of the destruction this movie can wreck?  How about all the praise Dorner received as the "modern-day Django?"  Disgusting!!!! 

Consigliere5

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 25, 2013, 11:17:14 AMPersonally I didn't really see a difference between his performance in Inglorious Basterds and Water for Elephants, so I doubt there's a difference with Django Unchained.

Same here... No difference...

Rosie

Sorry I wasn't here. I was texting w/Saxon.

I do not like Seth MacFarlane's humor. Making fun of people is not the same as bei g funny.

That said I loved Seth's singing and dancing. He was a mixture of Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly but with a bad sense of humor. I never knew he was so super talented and sexy.

I enjoyed the Oscars because I expected not to enjoy Seth.

Sad Wreck It Ralph lost.

Happy for Ben and Ang Lee.

Rosie