• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Bunheads

Started by Rosie, January 13, 2013, 01:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

"I'm being robbed in reverse."

I'm seriously going to be bummed if they don't pick this up for another season.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Rosie

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 08, 2013, 12:21:14 PM
"I'm being robbed in reverse."

I'm seriously going to be bummed if they don't pick this up for another season.

I didn't even realize that the last ep I saw was the finale. I definitely want more.

I bought Gilmore Girls The Complete Series for my dialogue fix. I miss Luke.

Spooky

Nine? Nine? Nine?

You sound like a German.

Nine?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

ABC Family cancels 'Bunheads' after one season
by Lindsey Bahr on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:39PM

Oh Bunheads, we'll miss you so.

Monday, ABC Family announced that it would not bring back Amy Sherman-Palladino's beloved hour-long show for a second season. A critical and cultish fan favorite, the whimsical show about a displaced Vegas showgirl and the quirky, idyllic ballet studio in Paradise, California that becomes her home never found a following significant enough to justify keeping it on the air.

"Bunheads is a wonderful series that we are very proud to have aired," said a ABC Family spokesperson. "The series had amazing storytelling, the most talented cast and a passionate and loyal fan base. Recognizing all of this, we took extra time to try and find ways to bring the series back for another season, but in the end it simply wasn't possible.  We wish the cast and crew the best in their future endeavors."

Cast-members Sutton Foster (Michelle), Bailey Buntain (Ginny) and Emma Dumont (Melanie) tweeted about the cancellation:  (see link at bottom)

Even though we may never see what becomes of Michelle's (Sutton Foster) lingering Broadway dreams, Fanny's (Kelly Bishop) new amphitheater, or Sasha's (Julia Goldani Telles) future, the first season remains a delightful — and now singular — capsule of Sherman-Palladino's signature wit and storytelling. If you missed it the first time around, you can watch full episodes of Bunheads on the ABC Family site.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/22/bunheads-canceled/
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

I was just about to post this.

Sad to see it go.

If your standards for plot are Game of Thrones or Homeland, not that much happened on Bunheads. Yet if you value the pleasures of watching someone rebuild her life and screw it up again sometimes, all while talking very quickly, then every episode of Bunheads was the Red Wedding of witty, warm, quirky emotional connection.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/bunheads-canceled-abc-family-amy-sherman-palladino
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

h/t Digby:

QuoteThe Bunheads could have staged a revolt when news came that the beloved ABC Family show was not returning for a second season. We would have been right there with them.

But the ballerinas chose to bow out elegantly — with an emotional dance choreographed by Marguerite Derricks and directed by showrunner Amy Sherman-Palladino. Featuring stars Julia Goldani Telles (Sasha), Bailey Buntain (Ginny), and Jeanine Mason (Cozette), the dance references various numbers seen throughout season one, including Sasha's incredible "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" routine. Kaitlyn Jenkins, who played Boo, does not appear in the video due to an injury. Also absent are Sutton Foster, Kelly Bishop, and Emma Dumont.

Check out their final, bittersweet goodbye below.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/26/bunheads-farewell/

Bunheads Farewell Dance

Rosie

So sweet and beautiful it made me cry.

:'(