• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Ser Ilyn Payne is very Ill

Started by AdmiralDigby, January 10, 2013, 05:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/wilko-johnson-cancer-game-of-thrones_n_2443182.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

"Game of Thrones" actor Wilko Johnson has been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer.

BBC reports that following news of the actor's poor health in the U.K.'s Echo, Johnson's manager confirmed that he is, in fact, battling a terminal illness.

"I am very sad to announce that Wilko has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the pancreas. He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy," the statement explains. "He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity."

The 65-year-old actor played Ilyn Payne in the first two seasons of the HBO fantasy series and is also a guitarist and songwriter for the English blues group Dr. Feelgood.

"Wilko wishes to offer his sincere thanks for all the support he has had over his long career, from those who have worked with him to, above all, those devoted fans and admirers who have attended his live gigs, bought his recordings and generally made his life such an extraordinarily full and eventful experience. Thank you," the statement continues.

:(
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

I am hearing more and more people getting this horrible disease. A good friend of mine was diagnosed
last summer with it. So far she is still alive but it is most always caught too late and there just seems to
be more and more of it.  I wonder why.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Phyll33 on January 10, 2013, 08:47:19 AM

I am hearing more and more people getting this horrible disease. A good friend of mine was diagnosed
last summer with it. So far she is still alive but it is most always caught too late and there just seems to

I think there's nearly no symptoms at first .
A lot of victims seem to experience unexplained weight loss and I think at that point it may be too late ?
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Phyll33

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on January 10, 2013, 09:56:11 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on January 10, 2013, 08:47:19 AM

I think there's nearly no symptoms at first .
A lot of victims seem to experience unexplained weight loss and I think at that point it may be too late ?

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I know the lack of symptoms or at least ones many don't pay attention
to thinking they are just having indigestion is the problem with late diagnosis but I was wondering why this
seems to be a more prevalent cancer than in the past. I hear about more and more getting it, there has
to be a reason for that.

TinkTanker

According to WebMD, by the time symptoms develop, the cancer has already grown and spread and it is generally too late by that time.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

Here is a list of early warning signs and symptoms.

http://www.caring.com/articles/10-early-warning-signs-of-pancreatic-cancer

Some of these sound like they would be pretty hard to ignore.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.