• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Castle Season 4 Premiere starts Monday September 19th.

Started by Rosie, September 16, 2011, 12:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on March 20, 2012, 07:46:13 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on March 20, 2012, 06:59:24 AM
"47 Seconds"? Is that how long Castle 'lasts' with Beckett? Is that why she looks so pissed?

47 seconds?  What is he? Some kind of machine?

Includes the time to roll over and fall asleep.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

I don't often watch Castle but did last night ("47 Seconds").  It's the next morning, but I still have that "WTF did I just watch?" feeling.

TinkTanker

The writers can only drag out the 'will they/won't they' schtick so long. Castle's got his boxers in a bunch because he told Beckett he wuvs her when she got shot and she knows and didn't tell him she knows so Castle's acting all emo-bitch and withholding affection because that's just how very adult he is.

Cheese and rice, Alexis is more mature than he is.

Pearl@32

I don't mind his mom talking to him about it ~ after seeing next week's preview and sleeping on it, I DO mind Beckett and Lanie talking about it. Stana says that the Caskett fans will be happy, but I'm not happy about the pussyfooting. Yeah, I'd much rather have preferred an adult conversation to have taken place. But Castle feels betrayed and made to look stupid that Beckett's been keeping this information to herself all this time. Why he can't go out for a drink or dinner or invite her over for dinner or even go to her place and ask her to riddle him this, I don't know. 

Here's some stuff from eOnline (I'll be reading it as I post it):

Hear that? It's the sound of fangirls squeeing. And OK, so some of them are coming from our own office.

Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic and the rest of the Castle crew are floating five spoilers your way, and one of them has to do with a certain fan-favorite couple...

1. Just Kiss Already! After nearly four full seasons, Caskett fans can stop crossing those fingers and toes because we've learned that things are finally going to progress! When we asked why it has taken so long, Fillion was very quick to defend their slow-moving flirtations, saying, "Our writers have been very talented and very deft about dealing with the ebb and flow of a relationship with two people who don't meet eye-to-eye." He continues, "We've been dealing with a lot of ebb lately, especially towards the end of the season, we're going to get a lot of ebb, but right at the end we're going to get some flow." Hooray for flow! Stana Katic also confirmed it, "Oh yeah, the end of this season you guys are going to be happy." She repeated with a coy laugh, "Any Caskett fans out there: You will be happy!" Squee!

2. Who's Your Daddy?: In the jam-packed two-parter "Pandora/Linchpin", fans were shocked when psycho Sophia (Jennifer Beale) revealed that Castle's father was involved in the CIA. Showrunner Andrew Marlowe assures us that the Daddy dilemma will be touched upon, but it might take a while to get an answer. "I think it's a little mystifying for Castle because he doesn't know if he can trust what Sophia said, and if your father is in the CIA, how do you find out? But it is something that we're going to be exploring as we move forward in the series." Start throwing out your dream-castings!

3. Firefly Fandemonium: By now, you should already be well aware that Adam Baldwin is coming to reunite with his fellow Firefly castmate Nathan Fillion! And if you didn't well then, it's not like we're judging you or anything. (We totally are.) Fillion assured us that Firefly fanatics will be more than pleased: "I'm reading the script right now and I've already seen two Firefly references!" Baldwin will be playing Ethan Slaughter, a no-nonsense detective from the city's gang unit whom Castle is very eager to follow on a case and Fillion revealed that Slaughter is a very "Jayne character" on the show.

4. Más "Esplanie" Por Favor: Tamala Jones teases this on what's ahead for Lanie's love life: "I've been hearing little whispers on set. The writers are exploring the dynamic between Esposito (Jon Huertas) and Lanie; even though [they've] broken up, there's still something lingering." The kinda-sorta couple will be addressing the issues they had the first time around.  "I think Lanie's problem is opening up completely, whereas Esposito is so open." We are rooting for this couple simply for the fact that their shipper name "Esplanie" is so much fun to say.

5. Galmance: Jones also was excited to share that for the first time Kate and Lanie are going to be seen outside of the precinct together for some bestie bonding. "We get some girl time and it's really nice. It's what you and I would be if we were girlfriends, the way we would talk, the realness, the passion, I hope you guys love it." Can we expect some Caskett gossip? "Oh for sure! And Lanie is not holding back on that subject. She is so pro [Caskett], but she's like, 'Get on it sister! It's been so long!"

Preach.

Castle is all-new tonight at 10 p.m. on ABC!

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/castles_nathan_fillion_stana_katic_drop/300253#ixzz1qKH5dEkE
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

ask her to riddle him

Read that as 'ask her to ride him' the first time.

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 27, 2012, 05:59:23 AM
The writers can only drag out the 'will they/won't they' schtick so long. Castle's got his boxers in a bunch because he told Beckett he wuvs her when she got shot and she knows and didn't tell him she knows so Castle's acting all emo-bitch and withholding affection because that's just how very adult he is.

Eric and I discussed this last night and he mentioned Moonlighting. I'm of the opinion that you can break the "when couples get together, the show ends" meme. (if I am using "meme" correctly?) Why not write an effective couple on TV? That's what I liked about Standoff (cop show Gina used to be on) where the partners were already secretly together and still making their working partnership work.

I don't watch Bones but it was clear that the writers had planned to put Bones and Booth together at some point. Even though I find their whole relationship history weird, I know Bones and Booth had their misses and now it's like ON, especially with the baby on the way.

I'd cite House but the writers and Lisa Edelstein (maybe not by choice) screwed that up. I probably forgot the #3 cardinal rule in the Book of House that "House can never be happy." Personally, I think they missed the boat on that one. I would have liked to see him finally grow up but I guess we have to perpetuate the stereotype that no one ever really grows up or stops being a jerk. Are they trying to say that a person can't change? How does THAT even remotely give any credence to the "Hope and Change" they [TV Writers, Hollyweird et al.] swallowed whole 4 years ago? I know, its: "We don't have to change: YOU DO."

Oh yeah.........also in the previews there's Castle gallivanting around town and the precinct with a chick (who looks like his ex but probably isn't). Yeah, not liking the stereotypical schtick. Such a letdown. I bet there is a fanfic that is better than what we've been seeing.  :deadhorse:

Castle! Be a MAN!

:um:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 27, 2012, 07:23:32 AM
ask her to riddle him

Read that as 'ask her to ride him' the first time.

I knews that so dats Y I said it.

Then again what's there gonna be to ride if  :deadhorse:

Rosie

I thought the moment Castle found out was brilliant. He was both Sad and Mad it was an emotional sucker punch. Beckett LIED! Then his brain takes it to because she doesn't feel the same and she is choosing to ignore it. She IS being  coward by not addressing what he said.

The fact Castle is immautre is not a surprise. He has his moments but for the most part he is a rich kid with a good heart. Kate broke it by lying to him. There is only so much he can stand.

I blame Kate. Esposito talked to her and Lanie has spoken to her. It's not like she doesn't know how Castle feels. He TOLD her! Then she left him hanging while she rehabbed.

I'm Sad/Mad too. Not sure how they're gonna fix it. It's Kate's move.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Rosie on March 31, 2012, 09:00:46 AM

I thought the moment Castle found out was brilliant. He was both Sad and Mad it was an emotional sucker punch. Beckett LIED! Then his brain takes it to because she doesn't feel the same and she is choosing to ignore it. She IS being  coward by not addressing what he said.

The fact Castle is immautre is not a surprise. He has his moments but for the most part he is a rich kid with a good heart. Kate broke it by lying to him. There is only so much he can stand.

I blame Kate. Esposito talked to her and Lanie has spoken to her. It's not like she doesn't know how Castle feels. He TOLD her! Then she left him hanging while she rehabbed.

I'm Sad/Mad too. Not sure how they're gonna fix it. It's Kate's move.

It's so frustrating. I think the writers missed the ball on being adult and taking chances. OOTH, one gets tired of B.S. and waiting and waiting is B.S.