• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

"Chuck" vs "Heroes"

Started by Saxon, December 31, 2008, 01:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phyll33

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on January 17, 2009, 09:29:12 AM

Call the doctor!!

did and done.

He's going to call in another round of the steroids. He said it's not unusual with the fact that this was a repeat surgery on the next down disc. Soft tissue swelling is to be expected, and that is why I'm feeling like I've been choked out. Even hurting on the BACK of my neck. He told me crush my pills and soft diet today, and pick up meds which he's having called in ASAP. I might should have called last night...Walgreens is 24/7 and all docs are on call. I'm just glad I actually got my own surgeon on the phone and not another 'on call' doc.

Biggest problem now? No one to go pick up said meds. Tom is doing training with the Crisis Resolution Team, Jessi's in LA, and Gingi is somewhere in the the flyover states on her way to DC. *eep* Too bad Walgreens doesn't deliver.

hehe...there's a Me-n-Ed's across the street, too bad I couldn't get them to do me a two-fer. mmmmmmmmmmm...pizza (not exactly a soft diet though, huh?).

:loloeo:

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on January 17, 2009, 10:07:27 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on January 17, 2009, 09:29:12 AM

Call the doctor!!

did and done.

He's going to call in another round of the steroids. He said it's not unusual with the fact that this was a repeat surgery on the next down disc. Soft tissue swelling is to be expected, and that is why I'm feeling like I've been choked out. Even hurting on the BACK of my neck. He told me crush my pills and soft diet today, and pick up meds which he's having called in ASAP. I might should have called last night...Walgreens is 24/7 and all docs are on call. I'm just glad I actually got my own surgeon on the phone and not another 'on call' doc.

Biggest problem now? No one to go pick up said meds. Tom is doing training with the Crisis Resolution Team, Jessi's in LA, and Gingi is somewhere in the the flyover states on her way to DC. *eep* Too bad Walgreens doesn't deliver.

hehe...there's a Me-n-Ed's across the street, too bad I couldn't get them to do me a two-fer. mmmmmmmmmmm...pizza (not exactly a soft diet though, huh?).

:loloeo:

Thank goodness! I was worried. My husband always tries to tough out things he shouldn't and tells me
everything is fine when it isn't, by the time he calls the doctor not only am I mad at him but so is the doctor.
Are you sure they won't deliver? They do up here to some places. Do you have a friend or neighbor that could
get them for you? You should start them soon to decrease that swelling.

Saxon

I found out that Walgreens WILL deliver if you give them enough notice to have some available. But I was lucky, Tom was able to take a break and run down for me. The doc must have actually called that Rx in the second he hung up the phone with me, cuz they were already working on it and had it ready within 1/2 hour of the first phone call! Wow.

I took the dose, and did not realize how dopey those two little nasty tasting pills make me. Staggered off to bed and slept till just about 20 minutes ago. Breathing much more freely and swallowing doesn't hurt, although I can still feel the expected sore muscle feeling. Yay.

Tom's home now, so we are going to watch another ep of Leverage.

Consigliere5

Quote from: Saxon on January 17, 2009, 04:13:48 PM
Breathing much more freely and swallowing doesn't hurt

yay...

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on January 17, 2009, 04:13:48 PM
I found out that Walgreens WILL deliver if you give them enough notice to have some available. But I was lucky, Tom was able to take a break and run down for me. The doc must have actually called that Rx in the second he hung up the phone with me, cuz they were already working on it and had it ready within 1/2 hour of the first phone call! Wow.

I took the dose, and did not realize how dopey those two little nasty tasting pills make me. Staggered off to bed and slept till just about 20 minutes ago. Breathing much more freely and swallowing doesn't hurt, although I can still feel the expected sore muscle feeling. Yay.

Tom's home now, so we are going to watch another ep of Leverage.

Yay is right. You never can take a chance on throat swelling because you never know if it will completely
close up. I am allergic to all melons and when I was younger I used to love cantaloupe and watermelons
but everytime I would eat them I would start taking deep breaths and kind of hyperventilate. It used to
be mild and would fade shortly so I never paid much attention to it until I got older and had a really bad
reaction one time where I was really huffing and puffing. Finally read up on it and found that I am allergic
to them and what is happening is my throat is swelling closed. The report said that it could be very dangerous
and people that have this allergy should stay as far away as they can from them since they could never be
sure when a bad attack would happen. My youngest daughter has the same thing only hers includes bananas
too. What's even worse I mentioned this to an allergist doctor once and he had never heard of it! I had to
find out on my own that there was such a thing.

Saxon

Yeah, it got worrisome last night when the darn pill that I'd had no trouble swallowing the last few days just did not want to go down. Actually felt like it was stuck and when I did a forceful exhale, water came out my nose! I calmly got up out of bed and got a cup of water (I'd used a water bottle when I first tried to take the med), and took a larger gulp of water. I had to take about 3 more full sips to get it to feel like it was going down. I decided right then that I'd not take any more meds till morning, and when I woke up I could really feel that odd swollen on the inside feeling. It's amazing how well these meds work. I'm due for the next dose, but they sure make me groggy...darn...I wanted to watch tv, but I like breathing better, so I guess my decision is made, huh? heh.

It really should not have surprised me that I'd do this though, I was already having trouble swallowing BEFORE surgery, cuz those were the nerves that were impinged. Hopefully it all comes back, and I don't have to keep taking meds too long.