• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Joss now has his own action figure

Started by Pearl@32, June 12, 2012, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Joss Whedon action figure to accompany Comic-Con documentary DVD -- EXCLUSIVE
by Anthony Breznican

The man who brought The Avengers to the big screen, created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and resurrected Firefly from the dead as Serenity has finally gotten what he deserves.

An action figure.

Toy versions of Joss Whedon will be packaged along with collector's DVDs of Morgan Spurlock's geek-culture documentary Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope, and Entertainment Weekly has the exclusive first look.

Whedon will be one of four collectible figurines (perhaps "action figure" is too strong a word, since the joints don't seem to move), joining Spurlock, comic book icon Stan Lee, and Internet fanboy extraordinaire Harry Knowles.

Whedon and Spurlock editions will be sold with the DVD at Toys 'R' Us stores exclusively when the movie makes its home-video debut on July 10. Another package with all four figures will be put on sale at game stores.

As you can see from the enlarged image here, Whedon is doing that filmmaker thing where you make your thumbs and index fingers into a movie frame, which Whedon totally does in real life. (Either that, or the toy is being mugged.)

The sculptor and painter definitely got his hair and beard right, and the real Whedon als0 has seemingly greenish eyes — though they're perhaps less demonic than these radioactive emeralds. Is he about to Hulk out or something?

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope — or, C-CE4AFH for short — is the latest film from Super Size Me filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, exploring the weird, wild world of San Diego's annual sci-fi and comics convention, the mecca of modern mythology.

Whedon, who recently produced and co-wrote the geek-horror lovefest The Cabin in the Woods, is just one of the subjects interviewed for the project, which was released theatrically and on VOD in April, with Frank Miller, Kevin Smith, Matt Groening, Seth Rogen, Eli Roth and others sharing their thoughts on the passionate fandom that sometimes loves, and sometimes loathes, their work.

This year's Comic-Con takes place July 12-15. If Whedon attends again, fans will be able to enjoy him in both life-sized and fun-sized versions.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/11/joss-whedon-action-figure/
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Spooky

So I will have to go into a Toys 'R' Us for the first time in 20+ years.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on June 12, 2012, 11:29:08 AM
So I will have to go into a Toys 'R' Us for the first time in 20+ years.

QuoteToy versions of Joss Whedon will be packaged along with collector's DVDs of Morgan Spurlock's geek-culture documentary Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope, and Entertainment Weekly has the exclusive first look.

Whedon will be one of four collectible figurines (perhaps "action figure" is too strong a word, since the joints don't seem to move), joining Spurlock, comic book icon Stan Lee, and Internet fanboy extraordinaire Harry Knowles.

Pearl@32

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life