• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

S2 EP7 - ‘A Man Without Honor.’

Started by Spooky, May 13, 2012, 09:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Some very strong character moments in this ep.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Why did they have to end the scene with Catelyn asking for Brienne's sword?!

Best line: "It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head."
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

I give it a "25% Authentic" rating this ep, as most of it seemed to not come directly from the book.

Entertaining enough, though.  The warlocks of Qarth be some creepy sonsofguns.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 14, 2012, 08:59:09 AM

If I remember correctly, a chapter in the book ends that way.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on May 14, 2012, 09:04:24 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 14, 2012, 08:59:09 AM

If I remember correctly, a chapter in the book ends that way.

Oh, so they are capable of following the book.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Spooky

I loved the scenes with Jon and Ygritte.

TinkTanker

Does this season suck because they are deviating so much from the books or am I just expecting too much (like it to be as awesome as last year)?
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

I think it's all about prospective. My unscientific poll from a sample size of about 20 or so folks (work/friends/family), where about 5 have read the books has the book readers seem mostly dissapoint, but the TV show only viewers seem to think it's just as good as season one with a couple of exceptions.

Personally I am enjoying it. The first few eps seemed rushed, but I feel they have found their story telling grove. I still wish they had 10 90 minute eps.

Eric

For me, each episode disappoints because it too-often feels like a particular scene should show up only to be drug on until an episode later.  By the time it gets shown, my anticipation is gone.  It's just too soap-opera for me in that aspect.

And honestly, I think they ruined Arya's story.  That alone could have made for a whole series. ;) And WTH have they done with Dany's khalasar?

(I say "disappoints" but I do still find it an entertaining show)