• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

General : Firefly Universe Online Announced

Started by Spooky, June 27, 2011, 03:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/20983/General-Firefly-Universe-Online-Announced.html

General : Firefly Universe Online Announced
Posted Jun 24, 2011 by Suzie Ford

DarkCryo has revealed that it is currently developing Firefly Universe Online. DarkCryo is an independent developer that his working to secure the rights to take over the Firefly MMO that was originally in development by Fox and Multiverse. By all reports, the team is hard at work bringing the cult series to live and already includes several factions: Browncoats, Alliance, Reavers and Megacorp.

QuoteFellow Browncoats, the indie crew of DarkCryo Entertainment this week announced that they are taking over where Fox and Multiverse had stranded fans of the cancelled television series Firefly with their intention to continue development of the long-awaited Firefly MMORPG interactive title.
Already titled Firefly Universe Online, the game highlights multiple playable factions, special cast appearances, canonical planetary environments, and groundbreaking role-play mechanics.
A release date for Firefly Universe Online has not yet been set, although development efforts have already been well underway for some time now. Firefly Universe Online is seeking official endorsement by 20th Century Fox and Mutant Enemy Inc, however it will proceed in the interim under fair use as an unauthorized canonical parody, a tribute to the fans, the beloved cast, and creator Joss Wedon.

Check out the official Firefly Universe Online site. Read the press release here. http://fireflyuniverseonline.com/
Source: Ten Ton Hammer
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Unauthorized   
"Need modelers; may pay later"   
Notoriously complicated and expansive game genre   

Sounds like a winner!
(I had hope for a minute though)

Spooky

Not getting excited over this. Reading through their page, it seems they have some great ideas, but not a pile of money doesn't bode well for getting an MMO off the ground. Maybe EVE will crash and there will be a flood of space based MMO devs looking for work. LOL

TinkTanker

Maybe EVE will crash and there will be a flood of space based MMO devs looking for work. LOL

Makes sense now. Lulzsec takes down EVE hoping to shift their people over to the Firefly Online Universe.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on June 27, 2011, 05:03:01 PM
Maybe EVE will crash and there will be a flood of space based MMO devs looking for work. LOL

Makes sense now. Lulzsec takes down EVE hoping to shift their people over to the Firefly Online Universe.

So they're aiming to misbehave in a good way ?
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Haven't heard more about this project, but the new owners of Multiverse want to make some Firefly gameness:  http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/04/firefly-mmo-gets-a-possible-second-shot-at-the-stars/

Spooky

Doesn't seem promising. For me this isn't a "Any FF game and I'll be happy" situation. I want it done right by a developer who's already made games that I admire. Too bad it's pie-in-the-sky want.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spookrys Blackfrye on January 05, 2012, 08:45:27 AM
Doesn't seem promising. For me this isn't a "Any FF game and I'll be happy" situation. I want it done right by a developer who's already made games that I admire. Too bad it's pie-in-the-sky want.

Given that the fandom will settle for crudely illustrated comics as their only source for new stories, they'll gobble this gao se up.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 05, 2012, 09:18:40 AM
Quote from: Spookrys Blackfrye on January 05, 2012, 08:45:27 AM

Given that the fandom will settle for crudely illustrated comics as their only source for new stories, they'll gobble this gao se up.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/vfxhack/the-cast-of-firefly-is-back-as-stickfigures/81438392531

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze