• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Eve Online

Started by Spooky, March 04, 2011, 09:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

getting home was not fun. Boarded the plane at 7:55 pm and then 15 minutes latter we deplaned. Why? Some idiot tried to flush a neck pillow down the crapper and it backed the whole plumbing system up. Didn't get on a another plane until 10:50 PM (the same time my original plane was supposed to land in Seattle!!!!). It is now 3 am and I am going to try to get some sleep in my own bed.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Wow.  I wonder if it was a kid?

Spooky

From the talk from the people who sat in the back of the plane, it sounds like it may have been an adult.

Got an email from Alaska airlines this morning.  :D

QuoteOn behalf of Alaska Airlines, I would like to apologize that your flight was delayed on 10/26/2015. When you made arrangements to travel with us you had every reason to expect that we would deliver you to your destination at the published arrival time and I apologize that this did not occur. As a customer service gesture, I am including a Discount Code. Please reference the appropriate code below at the time of booking. To use your discount, go to alaskaair.com/planbook and enter the Discount Code into the Discount Code field on the right side of the booking form.

Your Discount Code must be ticketed within one year from the date of this email, and is valid for travel between any Alaska Airlines cities up to 330 days beyond the date of ticketing. One discount is allowed per reservation. Any Discount Code value remaining after purchase is forfeited. Discount not valid on all fares, including but not limited to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation packages, tour or contract fares, most discounted First Class fares and many privately filed fares. Complete Discount Code rules and restrictions can be found online at alaskaair.com.

Mr. Bailey, Discount Code xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, in the amount of $125

Once again, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your flight experience. Please rest assured that we are reviewing this situation and will do everything we can to ensure that a similar scenario does not occur in the future. I hope that you will accept my invitation to join us on another flight, so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we are typically known for and that you deserve.

Eric

Darn, somebody already used discount code xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.   :neener:

Eric

Hey, let's have a Kickstarter to get a military/science fiction writer to chronicle Eve Online stories; culminating with the Fountain War

Spooky

I talked with the guy when I was in Vegas. He was also one of the panelist. A lot of the Eve community are butt hurt over this book. The main guy, The Mittani (in-game name), runs the in-game corporation/alliance that won the war and some people don't like him. Lots and lots of crying on Reddit about the book.

There is also another Eve book in the works (already funded).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sciencegroen/a-history-of-the-great-empires-of-eve-online/description

This one does not have the hate attached to it that the other book has. Mostly because it does't have the most successful player in Eve as a partner and most think it will be an unbiased telling of the history of Eve.

Me? I'll read both and probably enjoy them. :)

Spooky

People ask me what Eve Online is like. It's a hard question to answer, because there isn't anything to compare it to. No other game in existence has had a universe that has existed persistently since 2003 and has a history that has been forged by the people who play the game. Eve isn't a game where the developers guide you by creating content that you have to engage in to progress in the game. The content is largely created by the player base. The developers have created a sandbox and the players get to make sandcastles. They can make as many as they want and can try and control the sandbox if they want to, but they have to defend their sandcastles against others who want to kick them down and build their own. But not everyone who plays the game gets involved in the big corporations and politics of the game. Lots of players are like me and just enjoy exploring the universe and figuring out how to cut our a little niche for ourselves.

I explore, manufacture and trade. I rarely get involved in conflict, but have had ships blown up and lost billions of in-game money. It hurts because loss is permanent in Eve, but you dust yourself off, figure out what you can do to avoid what just happened and move on. Sometimes you fight back, sometimes you run. The choice is yours and that's why Eve appeals to me.

Eric

I tried it some years ago but couldn't get into the gameplay even though I wanted to.

Spooky

Pretty slickly edited alliance recruiting video. Test Alliance is one of the biggest in Eve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmKJ7BJty0

Spooky

A $30 Million Bet on Virtual Reality and Iceland's Cult Classic PC Game Eve Online

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-12/a-30-million-bet-on-virtual-reality-and-iceland-s-cult-classic-pc-game-eve-online

----------------

I got to demo Eve Valkyrie when I was in Vegas. Pretty cool, but hard to wear the VR unit with glasses on and my eyes were to bad to play without glasses.