• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 10: Big Mouth, J.Lo and the DAWG

Started by Pearl@32, January 19, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

Quote from: Eric on January 21, 2011, 03:07:22 PM
The only thing I know is that "the DAWG" calls women "dude" and guys "babe". 
I think he may have something messed up there, somewhere.

LOL...he did? I didn't notice.

Jessi was teasing Tom the other day, cuz he ALWAYS calls the animals by the wrong gender! We used to have a pediatrician who did that...scared the crap outta me! *he was from some other country*

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on January 21, 2011, 03:08:06 PM

He was a bass player for Journey for a while.

Well, I thought Steve Perry was a girl the first time I heard/saw him in person! *I know I've probably told this story before, but here goes*

When I was in High School we went to a school dance. The band was local and they were very excited that one of their former band members was there from his 'new gig with his new band in SF'...'they'd just cut a record deal'...and 'he was home for a visit'. Well, the band took a break and this guy was going to come in and sing a song with the band. My friends and I were in the lobby and we hear the band starting back up, I hear this singing, and I said to my friend, 'I thought they said it was a GUY who was going to sing?'...we walked to the door and looked into the darkened gym...there was this super skinny, really long haired guy up there sounding just like a girl!. Yep. Steve Perry. He's from my old hometown. We went to the same HS, a few years apart of course. heh.

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on January 21, 2011, 06:15:23 PM
And a producer.

I think I saw him when I saw Journey back in the day.  Steve Perry is and always will be awesome. Him and Freddie Mercury.  :headbang:

The second time I saw Steve Perry in person was when I was pregnant with Gingi...he and his mom and aunt were eating lunch as Sizzler. heh.

Eric

Quote from: Saxon on January 21, 2011, 08:25:08 PM

LOL...he did? I didn't notice.

I haven't watched AI this year, but, he has often in past seasons.
I'm very disappointed in the Innernets for not having a montage to post here.

Spooky

That's one deep voice for a 16 year old! If he doesn't make it signing, he's got that announcer vibe going on too.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on January 26, 2011, 08:08:15 PM
That's one deep voice for a 16 year old! If he doesn't make it signing, he's got that announcer vibe going on too.

He had a maturity in his manner and bearing too. I like how Jen said something to the effect of 'we could have just discovered him'.

Then...the last little 15 yr old...she's right that little girl is gonna get eaten alive in that competition. But, she'll at least be able to say she went to Hollywood, and hopefully she'll learn and grow and come back. What's the rule? If they get cut in Hollywood w/o going onto the show itself they can come back, or something.

Spooky

Aside from "Loving " this president, she sounded pretty good.

Saxon

Spooky

Saxon

Jennifer's "favorite so far" was adorkable! He had a cute personality, was one of those kids who is gonna 'blossom' and suddenly be this drop dead gorgeous man in a couple of years. I really liked him.