• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Oh Snap! Season 5 Begins...

Started by Pearl@32, August 12, 2008, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

If I'm doing shots, it's usually:
or

I've been back to drinking White Russians lately. Not chi chi's but I like this graphic:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 13, 2009, 07:06:21 AM
Quote from: Saxon on May 12, 2009, 01:07:57 PM
[spoiler]I was thinkin' the same thing...but Lucy and Desi did it for years.
And yeah, that was a bit fast...when I ran out of my meds (vicodin included), I thought I'd manage till my next appointment to just see what I still needed. Uh, no....

I hurt so much more than I should/would have ordinarily...I was twitching in my sleep...I threw up acid water! And this from just being on a regular dosage for barely 5 months...with a 'one pill each night' reigime for nearly a year previous. My doctor freaked when I told him what I'd done! I told him how I had to call in for refills, and didn't realize how 'bad' I was (since the pain was sooooooooooooooo much worse). He said, 'oh no, you are not really hurting that bad from the surgery! That was withdrawl you were feeling. Your bones haven't finished knitting together, you still need the pain meds, and when you are ready, we will take you off them slowly!". *whew* So, yeah.[/spoiler]

Self-medication really isn't a good idea, but we do it.

I go back to him today, to read the new set of xrays and the MRI. Of course, a huge 'dip' in the driveway of the cemetary (going to Mom's and Grandpa's grave on Mother's Day), hurt me and the girls...so I'll be seeing him with more pain than ordinary. *sigh*

I gotta remember to ask him about 'lifting limits' and what exercises I can do to rebuild all the muscle I wasn't using for the past nearly 2 years!

Pearl@32

Yeah. From what I'm hearing weight training is actually quite helpful with pain, provided you don't go overboard. They say small weights even make a difference. <needs to get back pain resolved>

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 14, 2009, 06:59:46 AM
Yeah. From what I'm hearing weight training is actually quite helpful with pain, provided you don't go overboard. They say small weights even make a difference. <needs to get back pain resolved>

I've got to go back for another MRI on the neck. The disc above the first surgery site is 'narrow and probably what's causing you pain now'. Lovely.

He said light weights, don't do any heavy lifting, and I'll know if I 'overdid it' the next day. Great.

Pearl@32

Pearl@32

Hugh Laurie and Tim Roth: Back-to-Back in Fall '09

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE
9:00-10:00 PM LIE TO ME

Brits rule!

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 18, 2009, 09:14:45 AM
Take care of you!!!

I will try. Last nigth here (Chicago area), very tired....can barely stay awake to check messages. will be so glad to be back home tomorrow!

SerenityValley

Finally watched the Season Finale.  I thought it pretty much sucked [spoiler]except for the wedding![/spoiler]
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Pearl@32