• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

TinkTanker

Probably the best single episode of the entire series. They knocked this one out of the park. With an aluminum bat.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 12, 2014, 08:39:04 PM
Probably the best single episode of the entire series. They knocked this one out of the park. With an aluminum bat.

I didn't watch all of season 4; it got too depressing for me. But this premiere was outstanding. Greg Nicotero said it was the most challenging ep he's ever directed.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Pearl@32

Finale next Sunday. "And in the end, will someone die?"

I can't say I like the way Rick is acting — Chris Hardwick likens him to Shane and then starts yelling out Shane quotes.

Talking Dead has been pretty funny — #porchdick — "Dub-step survived the zombie apocalypse" — on last week's, Yvette Nicole Brown commented that Carol and Rick are playing a very different game of cards: Carol is keeping all her cards close to her chest and Rick just came out blazing with 5 aces and a club.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Whoa. I'm not really understanding all the S5 hate on the innernets. I thought "No Sanctuary" was an incredible start to the season, setting the bar very high (it is the highest rated episode on IMDb). I get that the Beth episodes were boring, but unfortunately they were telling her story. "Them" was beautiful—showing their frustration, despair and fatigue over truly being on the run, out of supplies. The barn in "Pretty Much Dead Already" where they let out the walkers bookmarks the barn they found in "Them" where they desperately try to keep the door closed from a horde. This season has one of the worst deaths we've ever seen (or seen through peeking, like I did). Smart to involve Lennie James back into the series, as Morgan is a recurring character in the comics anyway — and to see him in the finale was wonderful. Lennie just electrifies everything he is in. [spoiler]He was the surprise guest on Talking Dead. I usually don't watch TD in its entirety but I did Sunday night!! It is beyond sad though when Morgan finally sees Rick, Rick has just killed a man.  :'([/spoiler]

Spooky

I enjoyed the season. Good story telling and character studies. Morgan's back!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

For the rest of this month, the first season of the Telltale Games TWD can be gotten for free on an Xbox One or XB360 with an active Live Gold subscription.

Eric