• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on February 07, 2014, 06:57:45 AM
WTH is happening in New York?

http://youtu.be/8tLGz7073Vg#aid=P-ylu3PuHrI

Good thing they didn't try that in a state with open carry laws or this would have really made the news.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

TinkTanker

BTW, Conan O'Brien had the cast of The Walking Dead on last night. It should be on most cable "On Demand" sections soon.

TinkTanker

...and I just noticed Eric put the cold open on the "Lighter Side" thread. :doh:

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 07, 2014, 07:16:26 AM
Quote from: Eric on February 07, 2014, 06:57:45 AM
WTH is happening in New York?

http://youtu.be/8tLGz7073Vg#aid=P-ylu3PuHrI

Good thing they didn't try that in a state with open carry laws or this would have really made the news.

I'm wondering if anyone stamped on a hand or two ...
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Pearl@32

Why oh why can I not be spared [spoiler]the image of Herschel's zombie head chomping air. Oh well. And I have to rewatch the episode because I was switching between TWD and Downton.  /was there a difference?[/spoiler]

PS. Hardison (Aldis Hodge)! Saw him in the credits.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

It was ok
Kinda hard to top the last episode
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 11, 2014, 08:30:52 PM
It was ok
Kinda hard to top the last episode

I liked that Andrew Lincoln's voice was gruff and muffled — excellent detail when getting your ass kicked by a dude that loathes you. Chandler Riggs...whoa. Sucks that they stumbled across a house that had a teenage boy's bedroom...for a few moments you could tell he was excited and then survival mode kicked in, taking the HDMI cable to secure the front door. Very believable performances from both of them. Seeing Michonne happy was free-kay! Dude! How deep is your knife block?!?! Aldis Hodge (Mike) was awesome. Spot on. I am so glad for that ending.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

As you all might know, I came to this fandom kicking and screaming...and I still do more yelling at my tv than not...but I'm hooked.
I absolutely LOVE watching The Talking Dead afterward though, I think it's what sealed the deal on me being a fan. For those of you who don't watch it, they brought a very sad/upsetting prop piece to share. I actually thought that they'd used CG for that scene, so seeing an animatronic piece was very impressive! Even more so with the close up shot they did with Chris Hardwick trying to feed 'it' chocolate pudding!

I think them using the dream/nightmare sequence was the best way to fill in the back story too. Just a memory would have been a bit boring..this showed us even more because it was fragmented with memories and reality creeping in. Sad and telling.

I felt so sorry for Carl! Well, that is when he wasn't being a little snot and walking backwards! Didn't he do that before? Sheesh! You know if you are walking backwards, you'll trip and there WILL be walkers around. You know if you have an important plot driven bit of dialog, they will hold off on showing up so you can drive the point home. If you need to show a very non-verbal juxtaposition of a young guy vs his dad, and you want to use the 'cowboy' imagery...except for the few necessary walkers to show up, the place will pretty much remain empty for the isolation factor to be made clear.

Also, if you want to think, 'yeah, jackpot on finding a safe place that still has food laying around', you have to NOT think about the fact that his area is close enough to the prison that a half beat to death guy could hobble to it before nearly dying on the couch! You can't scream at your tv, 'why the heck hasn't any of them found this place on their 'runs' for supplies?'. Also, it does NO good to scream at your tv, 'why aren't you taking one of the several jeeps/trucks the marauders left behind? Or one of the motorcycles from the BBQ place? Why you always gotta be trudging?

So yeah, we watched it. We also watched a lot of the marathon before hand too. I still hate that the gal who'd hooked up with the Governor undid what Michonne (and I) wanted for him!

Eric