• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

True Blood

Started by TinkTanker, August 05, 2008, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

This is coming soon on HBO. A screener fell off one of the internets and I was able to pick it up.

I know nothing of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris, but the wife loved it. She was apprehensive at first, as they sexed it up a bit. Like Cinemax after hours. Lots of adult language and situations. T&A, that sort of thing. Heavy boinking. Anyway, Ann said they nailed the characters, the scenery, everything. She kept telling me everything that happens later on and who this is and what they do, so that was annoying. All in all, she loved it.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Skipup

I love Trueblood! They are doing a really good job following the books by Charlaine Harris. In the books, it was just discussed that Jason was a horny dog instead of showing you. Then again, the last episode kinda made up for all of the horny dog stuff. Lol--the doctor approaching him with the needle made one of my friends cringe and curl himself into a protective position.

I just luuuuuurve Eric. Vikings....mmmmmmmmmmm...and he floats too!
Don't let my little dragon die, click the egg!

TinkTanker

Ann really likes what they've done. They are very true to the characters and about half of the story but different enough so that it isn't like HBO is reading the books to the audience. She says that the bit with the V never happened in the books but it sounds like something that would Jason would do.

BTW, Lady Albra finally got her ring.

Skipup

Way to go Lady Albra!

Yes..the V is something that Jason would totally do. I was watching it with a friend and he was cringing and curling up when the doctor came out with the needle. lol.

Tara is very different too.

Sam has yet to turn into a dog though.

I am crushing on Eric the Vampire.

TinkTanker

Lady Albra says that she needs to catch up with you.

The wife says she didn't care for the actor playing Eric at first, but she is warming to him. I don't know how I should take that...

Skipup

Yes Albra does.

Eric! <snicker> The Eric in the book is much more hunkier. Eric in the book has a great deal of energy and is very unvamp like..sense of humor...ect. I do like this Eric though, he was snickering at the end.

JRBlackstar

I am ADDICTED to this damn show.  I can't even give you a good reason why. It just sucked me in and is keeping me there.

TinkTanker

Wait until Bubba shows up. Heh.

JRBlackstar

TinkTanker

Quote from: JRBlackstar on October 06, 2008, 07:42:30 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on October 06, 2008, 06:13:31 AM
Wait until Bubba shows up. Heh.

What's a Bubba?

If they follow the books, you will see him next year.