• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

AI 2010

Started by Spooky, February 24, 2010, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Well that was messed up.

And yes, Crystal doesn't look like she feels well at all.

I think the younger kids got in because they're young. Oh well.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

I love Crystal, but this is funny!!!  :loloeo:

QuoteOne thing they haven't been showing this season is that as each eliminated contestant leaves the stage for the last time, a lurking Bowersox will crush his or her skull in with a ball peen hammer. Next, the Bowersox will paw through the contestant's belongings, selecting items that are not necessarily valuable in a monetary sense but which may be shiny and/or pleasing to the Bowersox's eye or to its dirty, oily fingers. The Bowersox may speculatively bite small, metallic items in effort to determine consistency, intended purpose, or place of origin. If items are of interest, they will be secreted away in some of the many animal-skin, felt, and macramé pouches the Bowersox wears about its person. Finally, under cover of darkness, the Bowersox will drag each contestant's body to the parking lot and set it on fire in an oil drum.

http://gawker.com/5492278/comment-of-the-day-the-strange-tale-of-crystal-bowersox?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+gawker/full+(Gawker)&utm_content=Twitter

Pearl@32

Ok, I heard Lee channeling a Rob Thomas-John Mayer-John Cougar Mellencamp hybrid and I liked it.

Missed Big Mike, but Siobhan's was the only other one that stood out, too. Her tone was strange, for me, for "Paint It Black," but hey, I like her quirkiness. The shoes!

Paige was good, I liked her tone with "Honky Tonk Woman."

so who's got the Glee sectional song?
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

Michael LyncheMiss You – He was pretty good, but not his best. He commands the stage for sure.

Didi Benami – Play with Fire – I liked it! I think it was her best performance by far. I like Kara's comment, "The sweetness of her voice and the eeriness of the song". It was a good mix.

Casey JamesIt's All Over Now – Very nice! I liked the rockabilly version he did.

Lacey BrownRuby Tuesday – Maybe it's because I really like this song (I used to listen to my mom's 45 over and over as a kid), but I didn't really like it that much. I guess she sang it OK.

Andrew GarciaGimme Shelter – It was OK. His tone is very cool and all, but his first two times through the chorus was kind of strange for me.

Katie StevensWild Horses – Not to bad. A bit pitchy in a few places. I don't get why they had been telling her to sing young. That's not her voice. Her voice sounds a lot older and this was a good song for her to sing and show it off. Just wish she would have not had the pitch problems.

Tim UrbanUnder My Thumb – Not great. If he was a better singer/performer it (the reggae version) could have been great.

Siobhan MangusPaint It Black – ai ya! Girl has got a powerful voice! I really liked it.  :headbang: I'd like to hear her tackle Evanescence at some point. I don't know if her voice is as good as Amy Lee's voice, but I'd love for her to try. Maybe "Bring Me To Life" with Lee doing the Paul McCoy bits.

Lee DeWyze Beast of Burden – Very cool. I liked it a lot.  :headbang: I can't wait to hear more from him. He's got some amazing performances hiding in him somewhere and I hope he has his "Simon moment" soon. If he lets loose, he can win this thing.

Paige Miles Honky Tonk Woman – Not bad at all.. My favorite performance from her.

Aaron KellyAngie – His voice is really good. But... I don't know what it is, something just doesn't connect with me.

Crystal BowersoxYou Can't Always Get What You Want – "Such ease" as Ellen said. :headbang: 'nuff said.

Ellen was very funny tonight!

My top three right now are Crystal, Siobhan and Lee.

Don't know who's going... maybe Tim? But he's got that we site that tries to get people voting for the worst performace going for him.

Pearl@32

OK, I'm glad you're bolding and italicizing and NOT ME! You still silly.

All in all, I think it was a good start. I really liked Lee's performance best.

Yeah, Katie's voice sounds mature, so wth judges?!

Ellen makes me laugh too.

Need to watch Mike's performance.

Pearl@32

Pearl@32

Spooky

My favorite "non-singing" moment from last night.

Phyll33

Crystal reminds me of Wynonna Judd when she performs. Not the vocal but the mannerisms.
She has this magnificent voice but she doesn't show a lot of personality when she sings. She
is the best by far though. The others from the few I've listened to are good occasionally but
she is all the time. While Siobhan is cute and quirky and has a really good voice I am really
tired of the screamers especially when the screams are put in just as a gimmick as last nights
appeared to be. She did a good job with Aretha's song and hit the high note great but didn't
let it go on long enough, last night's song didn't impress me. Her Cindy Lauper look can't
last with age for her like it did with Cindy and without it she won't be that special but Crystal's
voice always will be .